Ori vs. Irritant (CBC4 FW Week 5)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Ori vs. Irritant (CBC4 FW Week 5)

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:42 pm

STATS:
Ori: 7/7/2/4/10 (+2 wedge)
Irritant: 8/7/2/2/11

CONFIGS: Forks config please.

STRATEGY:
Start sideways on the side of my square nearest the OOTA wall and facing it. Right turn out the door and go right for him. Be extremely aggressive and try to go head-to-head with him. Our wedges are very close but my forks are very narrow and could get around the tip of his flipper. They should also stop angle-in tactics pretty effectively. If I get wedged spin rapidly before he has a chance to push me at high speed. If I’m flipped use my invertability to position myself somewhere safe-ish before self-righting.

I want to take fairly high speed runs at him so I can get him all the way up on my wedge immediately when I get under, not just the forks. This (a) lets me actually flip him, and (b) should high-center him since his chassis sticks out well behind his wheels and his ground clearance doesn’t look that high. If I’m at an angle where I can do so immediately push him through the privacy screen into one of the side areas. The corner hazards don’t do much to him and I have enough power to OOTA so I want to keep the fight in the side wings. Actively go for the doors to keep him in there if he’s trying to escape.

Be extremely careful of the hazards and even more of the house bots. I do NOT want to mess with either of those weapons. Flip him into the house robots whenever there’s an opportunity, but mostly I want to go for the disposal chute! I can get him over a 3’ wall with a foot to spare, he either can’t at all or won’t be able to after a few flips as his pressure goes down. I maintain OOTA capability the whole match.

If it hits the last 30 seconds, go for one more flip into a housebot if I can, after that keep it in the middle of the arena if I’ve been on top so far. I don’t want to lose hard on damage because of one mistake, and even if he gets KO’d there might not be time for the ref to actually count him out.

Good Luck Etc.

British-Robotics

Re: Ori vs. Irritant (CBC4 FW Week 5)

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:42 pm

Alright, we both have near even speed and traction, get to the middle of the arena quickly, and full on agressive from the start, make a few turns and quick angles to try and hit the side of Ori and use the flipper at the split second when the chance is there. I have the speed advantage by one figure so there is some potential that this could happen.

If I manage to flip Ori, reverse away and get away in some situations, no attempting to push, play chase, just keep on hoping and flipping and earn some points for the JD.

Bait Ori towards the hazards.

Good luck and may the best bot win :).