CBC4 FW Round 4: Seed Killer Gen II vs Black Dog

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Billy5545

CBC4 FW Round 4: Seed Killer Gen II vs Black Dog

Post by Billy5545 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:56 am

We can one shot them by dealing 9 damage. In addition, their drum will take more damage when hit compared to our hammer, which is 3 to their weapon compared to 1 on ours. And finally, they take 6 shock damage per hit, so they can't last long. Meanwhile, we should be able to tolerate hits from the drum with our front plate.

Fortunately, the Asylum features a barrier, so this will slow Black Dog. This will also force them to get around it to get to us. We will start by going straight a bit just to prevent countout, then wait as Black Dog definitely chooses an entrance to get to us. We will then turn our bot to face Black Dog, and also try to bait gyro on them, while getting a clear hammer shot, which should disable them in only very few or one hit. However, if they expect this move and try to go into the opposite entrance after backing off from the other, then wait for them to come a bit before facing them there. We know they will just try to catch us in the back.

If this plan fails however, face them head on. Take a gamble if we fail to effectively gyro bait them by forcing our wedgelets under the drum to get under. It may shred it completely, but this will allow us to get a shot and have the front plate tank the drum. Also, wait for them to come a bit up before doing so, as they can just back off and make us miss, so making them come up the wedge a bit will slow the time it takes to get out from the danger zone. That being said, be careful when taking a shot and only do so when it's clear they can't escape quickly from it or aren't baiting us.

Speaking of baiting, be wary of those or other tactics. Expect stuffs like going straight only to back off, the twisty approach, or attempt to angle in or get to our side, responding accordingly to them. Also be careful around the hazards or house robots, drive well, and self right quickly if we are flipped.

Good luck Laz

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Re: CBC4 FW Round 4: Seed Killer Gen II vs Black Dog

Post by Madman » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:40 pm

Black Dog: 6/4/1/14/5 (+1 drum)
vs
Angry Bird: Seed Killer Gen 2: 4/2/1/12/11(+2 front plate)

Aight. Billy's obviously gonna capitalize on this dumb arena's choke points. He'll cherry pick that perfect shot on me as I come through, while 'cover-all-bases disclaimer' watching for me to stutter-approach, reverse away, or bait a misfire. Ya, not so fast, bucko.

1) His axe has very little range beyond his feeder wedges at full travel. He can't cover the full width of the entrance without exposing himself.

2) Black Dog isn't easy to snipe when its zipping by perpendicular to you. It's very... short. It's quick. Human reaction time isn't instant. His window to land a shot on its body/wheels is miniscule.

Spin up, approach at ~70% speed, and choose the door closest to the housebot PPZ. Line up to skirt just outside the PPZ. Slow to a crawl just outside the doorway before punching the throttle and shooting through. Good luck reacting and firing accurately. If Billy misfires, capitalize if he's flopping around. Don't unduly risk runaway gyro lift, though. Get under, toss him in the air, get to his body, and wreck it. He has zero ground clearance. A warped baseplate is GG. If I can chain him OOTA, do it. I have over double the necessary range.

If he doesn't fire, he's playing things more conservatively. Just drive past him and turn in some space. Give him the h2h he probably wants. Watch how he approaches driving and timing his hammer. His weapon has to be carefully aimed and timed. Mine doesn't and can tank his hits. In-and-out bait him a couple times. If he fires, capitalize on the misses. If he doesn't, try to see what his range threshold is and establish a pattern of being kinda conservative and skittish. During this time, he's probably paying much more attention to timing his hammer than to precise positioning within the arena. Use my better drivetrain to work him around so his back's to the OOTA wall and we're at a slight angle to each other. Nothing as obvious as 'big OOTA gambit' or 'angle in on his wedgelets'. Then, on an otherwise unremarkable approach, zip right in and launch him. Follow up and chain him for serious damage and a probable OOTA.

Basically, use my speed, very small vulnerable target area, timed vs non-timed weapon advantage, and unpredictability to force him to react to me. When that exposes an opportunity, go all in.

GL
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49