CBC4 FW Week 5: Gas Gas Gas vs The Grand Vizier

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

CBC4 FW Week 5: Gas Gas Gas vs The Grand Vizier

Post by Trihunter » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:00 pm

Gas Gas GasThe Grand Vizier
ImageImage
Speed: 10Speed: 6
Traction: 10Traction: 4
Torque: 3Torque: 1
Weapon: 3Weapon: 12
Armour: 4Armour: 7
Oh hey we've enough speed to do whatever the hell we want to Viz, nice. First plan: Get around the back, or at least to one of the wheels accompanied by a flip 'n' tip, then shunt them around the ring at top speed. Either dump them into the saws to get some damage rolling, or have a shot at bashing them through into a house robot area, then pinning them into it as much as possible. Make sure to utilize wall slams (or housebot slams) to tone down their disk frequently, aiming to try and seize it up through those, as well as hazard damage. Keep moving at high speed (or close to it) whenever Vizier's spinning (i.e. a threat), and make sure to use strafe-fuckery to dodge out of the way of any spinner shenanigans. Spinannigans? Whatever. Srimech if need be, try to anticipate any movement jigs, if they use gyro to try and lift up and smash our front, catch them with the lifter and throw them away, then reposition and reset to a neutral position, ready for more dancing. If they try to bait us into a corner, don't bother. Show off some fancy footwork or something so it's clear who's the one cowering in the corner like a passive baby. Most importantly: STAY THE FRICK AWAY FROM THE DISK IF IT'S REVVED UP.

tl;dr: score a JD by beating the shit out of their disk on hazards, and keep control of them throughout.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Re: CBC4 FW Week 5: Gas Gas Gas vs The Grand Vizier

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:59 pm

-Whoa, this guy is from the Harbinger school of speed apparently, but my disadvantage isn't quite as extreme as is often found in spinner vs. rammer type fights.

-Top priority is to find the closest safe stretch of wall to set up base, similar to gameplans I've used in previous weeks. His armor is far more exploitable than I've been dealing with so any way I can maximize the chances of him having to eat drum, the better.

-If I can force this head to head, I might have a decent shot at slipping my forks under him with some good old angle-in tactics. If all that works, then it's just use the drum to cause all the damage I possible can, possibly juggle him towards a hazard or a housebot if practical.

-Worst case I probably have a decent shot at at least batting him away with the drum. So if I can't get under him I can at least try to keep him from wedging me and getting me into dangerous situations.

-So keep the weapon pointed at him as much as I possible can and stay near a safe part of the wall whenever I'm not on the offensive.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.