Untitled Goose Robot vs Chinesium II

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Untitled Goose Robot vs Chinesium II

Post by V900 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:39 pm

pics
V900 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:37 pm Featherweight:
Untitled Goose Robot

It's a goose. In robot form.

As such, it's designed to be as annoying as I can possibly make it. You got under the hinged wedge? Static chassis wedge right behind that. You got under that one too? Guess you've gotta contend with the side clamps and 5 torque then, bud.

Side clamps function independent of one another and are hinged 45 degrees each in both directions. The wedgelets are also hinged 45 degrees in both directions.
Plow is wedged 30 degrees in both directions. Yes, the neck attachment also receives the armor bonus.

It's also got a "poop chute" in the back that can dispense a few turds on the arena floor during each match. This does not affect the opponent in any form.

Speed: 6
Torque: 5
Traction: 6
Armor: 9
Weapon: 4 (3/3 hinged side clamps)

"nope i have 17 armor i win bye bye" config
Armor: 13 (+4 plow)
Weapon: 0
Superbomb122 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:58 pm FW: Chinesium II (Hard Reserve)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chinesium is back in action!. Run of the mill undercutter with a rebuilt design. This should hopefully do a little better than it did in Thunderground
4/2/1/16/7
Superbomb122 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:58 pm Weapon: 16
V900 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:37 pm Armor: 13 (+4 plow)

The usual "out" for a 16 weapon spinner in these matchups is to fish for some kind of corner damage. Which he can easily do! But it's still 17 vs 16+1. That's literally 0 damage. Let's say worst case scenario: you as the writer don't particularly like Untitled Goose Robot and decide the neck pops off after a minute or so. He's still left having to deal with the 17 armor plow and all the issues I stated above still apply.

If I were in his position, I'd try to go for something along the lines of using my neck to swing me to the side so he can pop off a wheel. Watch out for this, and don't let this happen. Space him out with the tip of my neck, and back off the moment I receive any rotational knockback.

That is, unless he ends up flying up into the air. My neck has angled sides, and he's got all of 2 traction. Shouldn't take more than a couple impacts. Once he's flipped over, that's when the real fun begins. He'll have ground clearance for days for me to slide riiight under and push him into hazards. A trip to the lobotomizer should make for some big damage. With 5 torque, it should be easy to keep him there for 3 seconds.

In short:
  • Space him out with the neck and wait for him to flip over.
  • Don't get knockback-flanked.
  • Push him into hazards once he's flipped over,
  • Pursue if he tries self-righting against the wall.
gl hf

Superbomb122

Re: Untitled Goose Robot vs Chinesium II

Post by Superbomb122 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:02 pm

I bet Noah’s been waiting all tourney to use that config.

He’s going neck of doom, which would be fine for him were it not for the fact that corner hits, though they won’t do damage, will still send him flying with ease. Also, the 17 armor only applies to the plow, not the chassis, nor the wheels that take up nearly his entire sides. One good hit to a wheel will obliterate it outright.

Start the match sideways and get into the main area ASAP while spinning up. Gauge him out and try to go head on with his beak. If he turns to get me up the beak, turn with him to make sure I hit the side of it. Repeat until I have sent him flying across the arena on a good hit. Keep being aggressive with every hit and hopefully snipe a side at some point to cripple him.

If he gets under me, ride him out and try to use the spinner to bounce out of whatever hazard he pushes me into. If he starts doing this with too much consistency, try to bait by showing him my side and either moving forward to turn into his side or backing up to give me a free hit on his side. This is risky, so only try it when winning a JD seems incredibly unlikely.

If I get flipped, change my target from the neck to the sides of his plow. I’ve already demonstrated Chinesium’s ability to somewhat hook behind the opponent’s wedge. This should be no different. All other parts of the plan stay the same.

Stay away from the side zones and hazards if at all possible. There is nothing helpful to me in those zones, and the house bots can kill me with ease. The hazards in the main area, while still damaging, at least give me the ability to escape/slap the Goose into them

TL;DR- Go full control HS, aim for the neck, take shots at his sides if possible, avoid hazards and house bots like the plague.

HJÖNK (GLHF Noah)
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9