CBC4 LW Week 5: Scrapper vs Bluetooth

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

CBC4 LW Week 5: Scrapper vs Bluetooth

Post by Trihunter » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:21 am

ScrapperBluetooth
ImageImage
Speed: 4Speed: 3
Traction: 2Traction: 2
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 16Weapon: 16
Armour: 7Armour: 8
Config: N/AConfig: UNDECLARED
Technically this is a free win since attackfrog forgot to declare what blade he's using and that's a little important, I feel. Will RP regardless.
Main aim of the game, from both sides, most likely, is aiming for those wheels. However, I've one trick I can use that they can't: Gyrodancing in a somewhat beneficial manner. Also we've a drivetrain advantage, neat. Keep spinning from the start, work our way out into the central area, and then play defensive, let Bluetooth come to me. If it's getting dangerous, don't be too pigheaded to back away and prepare for another approach, we've higher speed so chasing will be tough for them. Once it tries to go for a wedgelet or wheel, accelerate and turn, to bring that side of the bot up, then land the blade down on top of their machine. The area with the motor in it is pretty exposed, so one 8-power hit should mangle the spinner, in theory, but if we miss that, we're probably either buckling the entire chassis or smashing a wheel, so it's good. Alternatively, if they're not playing ball, try and force them back towards a wall so they have to either accidentally crash into it, stopping their spinner so we can mangle them, or go for a weapon to weapon collision, in which case they're mangled too, Once that hit's confirmed, move away to recover and spin up once more. If the spinner's busted or their mobility is severely hampered, capitalize, and smash their wheels to bits. If our spinner dies, it's time to become the world's slowest wedge. Just try and bully them around the ring, into the walls, saws, pointy things, whatever works to try and secure points.

tl;dr: Aim for a brutal shot to kill the spinner, capitalize and KO.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: CBC4 LW Week 5: Scrapper vs Bluetooth

Post by attackfrog » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:44 pm

Bluetooth is using its main config. I declared that late and after Trihunter RPed, so do with that knowledge what you will.

I'll start Bluetooth spinner down. All I need to do to win this is hit Scrapper's side forks. They have 7 armor and will fly off at the lightest touch of Bluetooth's 16 power weapon. This will cause Scrapper's weapon to hit the floor and be unable to spin up properly, after which I can just hit it until it dies with impunity.

I'll spin up and go into the main area of the arena, where I will endeavor to stay for the rest of the match. I'll meet Scrapper there, and we will dance a bit. Scrapper's going to have some crazy gyro action going on as it turns unless it's not spun up all the way, so I'll need to be careful not to go in too greedily and risk the drum coming down on top of Bluetooth. When it turns and its drum raises into the air, the side that stays on the ground will be the one it's turning towards. In other words, if Scrapper tries to turn left, its left wheel will stay on the ground and the right one will raise into the air. This means that if I go for Scrapper's left side and it turns to face Bluetooth, its left fork will still be on the ground for me to hit but its drum won't be.

If we go weapon to weapon, Bluetooth will be knocked back but won't be flipped over due to both the gyro effect keeping it stable and the blade being so low that it'll be hit by the drum teeth as they're at the bottom of the drum. I'll need to be careful not to be hit into hazards, but I should have less knockback than Scrapper due to more wheels and equal traction. We'll both spin up again equally quickly.

In short, hit Scrapper's forks to disable it, avoid getting hit in return except on the weapon if I have to, stay in the center part of the arena and avoid the hazards and house robots.

GLHF Tri!