Fork Factor vs Final Mecha Catbot

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

Fork Factor vs Final Mecha Catbot

Post by British-Robotics » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:11 am

Ok, so Catbot is the quicker machine in this arena, however I still feel Fork Factor should still be able to catch up Catbot so that could help me during the match incase I may potentially get angled or flanked, I can still reverse away the situation and re-adjust.

If I manage to get near Catbot and get the forks underneath and flip it, once the cat is upside down, go for broke and try to push it nearby the hazards in hope to create some damage.

Good luck and may the best robot win.

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: Fork Factor vs Final Mecha Catbot

Post by V900 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:59 pm

default flipper setup

First of all, those mechwheels don't work. Not only are they weirdly stretched to the point where the rollers wouldn't be able to rotate, but I'm pretty sure the setup is wrong for it to move omnidirectionally. To my understanding, it's:
\ /
/ \
for a 4WD bot. Whereas TBR has it:
/ \
/ /

But otherwise, yeah. Basic speed wedge stuff here. Angle in and all the usual strats. That uber-narrow pair of forks is BEGGING to be angled in on, and with my +2 speed, it should be easy enough. We both have the same tra:spd disparity, so that's not an argument. Those frontal side panels might also not be hinged? If they aren't, then go for them.

I guess his acceleration is marginally higher, but that's a nothingburger since I can just back off if he gets up in my face. Torque also does exactly squat if I have him in the air constantly. 9 speed can 100% chain together flips, and if you say otherwise you're trolling.

There's a lot of stuff going on in this arena, and not gonna lie a good chunk of these hazards suck for damage. "A robot must remain within their caution zone for at least three seconds for the Lobotomizers to activate?" Thanks but no thanks. Drag him out to behind the privacy screens (which also prevents him from using the hazards against me btw) and aim to feed him to Killamari, whos got a nice 14 power spinner fit for tearing off those 9 armor wheels.

If he gets under, I can either J-hook or straight back off. He doesn't have any means to get my wheels off the ground. The lifter's really short and isn't reaching to the back of my bot, sewer snake lifters can't clamp, and he sure isn't flanking me with that speed.

gl hf