Wheelosaurus vs Trilobite

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

patrickrowberry

Wheelosaurus vs Trilobite

Post by patrickrowberry » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:30 pm

whe: 6,4,1,12,7(+2 to wedge)

trilo: 9/9/3/0/9

Strat:

start backwords his wedge has no stoppers and is so easy to ramp over

go to him and get on top when we get close to a house bot run off him and let him take him self to a house robot

always face backwoods to him when he comes to me and rinse and repeat there is not much he can do

gg

Rocket

Re: Wheelosaurus vs Trilobite

Post by Rocket » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:59 pm

Trilobite! (Fastest Fossil Alive) (1-2)
Speed: 9 | Traction: 9 | Torque: 3 | Weapon: 0 | Armour: 9 | 2WD | Static Forks

Wheelosaurus (Do You Think He'll Saw Us?) (0-4)
Speed: 6 | Traction: 4 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 12 | Armour: 7 (+2 wedge) | 2WD | Static Flat Wedge

---

Wheelosaurus's saw is nasty. Really, really nasty. It's got enough power to shear through Trilo's armour in pretty short order, and it's got enough drive power that I'll have to be careful when engaging it to avoid getting minced.

When the battle starts, race out of the blocks and try to take the middle ground. I want to angle in on his wedge where I can, so getting around to the sides or back of his machine is paramount. I don't ever want to give him an opportunity to use the saw, so I need to set the pace of the fight and use the arena hazards to my advantage. I have a much more powerful drivetrain and a way better control ratio, so I should be able to pick apart his defences and get at his sides relatively easily. That's how I want to engage - from the side. One of Trilo's biggest issues is how easy it is to monstertruck over the top, and I want to minimize that as much as I can by coming in from the sides and using my superior drive power to barrel Wheelosaurus over.

If I can knock him over, I want to barrel him into the hazards and house robots wherever possible. My best bet is using the Bonesaws to try and hack through his chassis armour or weapon arm. Pinning him there means he takes a pretty substantial amount of damage, and it's one of the most reliable ways of dealing it that doesn't involve the house robots. If I can get him shoved into a hazard, great, but I have to watch for tricky driving - a perfect control ratio should mean I don't accidentally ram face first into something unpleasant, but I'll be sure to keep an eye out for baiting tactics from Pat.

If he gets underneath me, I should be able to J-hook away from me and reset before he can bring down the saw. After that, I'll have another go at his sides and try to shove him somewhere unpleasant. I want to J-hook in different directions if I can, keep him guessing as to which way I'll go so he can't react.

Good luck, Pat, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)