Xtreme PneumatiX vs LinkinParkNumb.mp3.exe

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Xtreme PneumatiX vs LinkinParkNumb.mp3.exe

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:36 pm

Xtreme PneumatiX: Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 2 Weapon: 3 Armour: 12
LinkinParkNumb.mp3.exe: Speed: 5 Torque: 1 Traction: 3 Armour: 7 Weapon: 14

Using the long-Wedgelets on the arm and Wedgelets on the wedge.

Approach him as soon as the match starts, as aggressive as can be of course to rack up those points. V9’ never actually stated what the hammer is powered by so I am going to assume that it is spring powered, with either a slow retraction system or none at all since he didn’t bother to give points to one, meaning he’d only have one shot. I’ll be using my speed and traction advantage to easily angle in on him to avoid that hammer of his. His whole front tips up whenever he goes forward, just like the real robot it is based off of, Enderbot, leaving it immensely vulnerable to me getting under it. My main strategy is to just juggle my flips on him, all the way to the arena wall where I have more than enough power to tip him over the edge for that quick OOTA, my ultimate goal in this match, just like so many other matches beforehand. Drive about the place quickly at all times, making myself hard to hit, always angling in on him and never going for him head on, although my hefty 12 armour should bare most of the brunt of his hammer blows. If for some reason I choose to push him over to the arena wall rather than my preferred flip juggles, his flail certainly won’t hit me if he’s up on my front. Keep aggressive at all times, smothering him with flips and never letting up. Always keep facing him, wedge first, never showing my backside to him at all.
GL

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: Xtreme PneumatiX vs LinkinParkNumb.mp3.exe

Post by V900 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:42 pm

Spoiler
V900 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:37 pm Heavyweight:
linkinparknumb.mp3.exe

Speed: 5
Torque: 1
Traction: 3
Armor: 7
Weapon: 14

Armor: 10 (+3 front)
Weapon: 11

!!!CONGRATZ!!!

$TARGET_USER, You have been selected for a free ARC Gold[tm] account free working no virus 2020 , click here to claim your prize :)

Now that flails have actual rules behind them, I can slap these bad boys on literally whatever I want.

Whenever the hammer swings, the hammerhead will hit first, then the flail soon after. This effectively means that the hammer can hit twice per swing. The hammer itself has a +1 damage bonus by virtue of being a hammer, but the flail portion receives a -1 damage debuff to cancel it out.

Plows are removable if using the 7/14 setup, doing so tilts the center of balance back toward the rear wedges. They are NOT removable when using the 10+3/11 setup, however.
Botomatic1000 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:53 pm Heavyweight: Xtreme pneumatiX
Long Wedgelet option
Many Wedgelets option
Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 2 Weapon: 3 Armour: 12
Two-wheel driven LP-Pneumatic flipping arm (only the black and white bit is the arm). The drive isn’t too torquey so it shouldn’t wheelie and it doesn’t have much room to wheelie anyway with the guard on the back. Is invertible thanks to the stopper ‘horns’ on top and also has stopper eyes like it’s little brother. The flag is purely for decoration and it will come off easily. The Flipping-Arm has around about Fourty-degrees of travel.
normal 14wep config, no plow
  • Go for the BOX RUSH!!!!1!!11 to start the match, assuming XP doesn't corner camp for whatever reason.
  • My main mission here is to connect a hammer swing with one of his wheels: he has 12 armor. I have 14 + 1 damage. 15 - 12 = 3 damage x 2 wheel multiplier = 6 damage = instant wheel break. Even without the flail, my hammer 100% outranges his flipper. That said, feel free to go for some 4 damage flail hits in there if convenient.
  • Just kinda vibe in the center of the arena until XP approaches, then aggro it up. Or a wall, either works. I can just push myself off the walls with my hammer. Regardless, just go on the offensive whenever he's in a position that's advantageous for me. Avoid the corners for obvious reasons, and beware if he box rushes himself. Start swinging the hammer around like a drunk asshole and generally make it annoying for him to try chaining flips on me.
  • Don't be afraid to run up his wedge. I have pretty good ground clearance, and the weight displacement from swinging my hammer should let me "jump" over the little bump his flipper's got. I think that's supposed to be an anti-monstertrucking tooth? Maybe??? It sure is small as shit if that's the intent.
  • He can flip me, I don't care. Fully invertible. Again though, I have ground clearance around pretty much my entire bot. His wedge is way too shallow to beach me easily. His flipper won't do much to block my hammer shots either, since 1. he can't control its position and 2. it'll just get slammed downward if my 14 power hammer goes toe to toe with his 3 power arm.
  • To defeat the cheese wedge, shoot at it until it dies.
gl hf