CBC4 HW Round 4: Glacier III vs Forb Bomb

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

CBC4 HW Round 4: Glacier III vs Forb Bomb

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:21 pm

Glacier III: 1/1/1/16/11

Fork Bomb: 5/4/1/13/7 (3WAB to arm)

1) I do either 9 or 8 damage anywhere I hit him. Up to 10 if I catch a corner.

2) He doesn't have the speed to box rush or to smother.

3) He does nothing to my ring and and only 2 to my chassis. That doesn't even pierce the armour.

4) My walker drivetrain allows me to quickly and smoothly adjust my height.

5) I'm sorry for entering Glacier. Really. It's the ultimate no-fun machine. I'm seeing that now.

At the start, spin up and lumber away from the low wall corner behind my starting square as fast as I can, hugging the wall as I go. I'm laughably slow but should still be able to easily cover the five or so feet that I need to. Watch for how he comes out. If he's leading with the arm and not particularly rushing, get as into open space as best I can, hunker low, and hit him. The design of my ring means that he can't actually hit or flip me without touching it.

If he's leading with his wedge, raise up to full height just as he comes into range to swing his arm over. Whenever I'm up to full speed in general, be as aggressive as I can. Stay away from walls and the low corners. After hits, run to spin up if I need to. He doesn't have the speed to close the distance between us before I can find some breathing room and get going again, and he should be badly damaged. If I end up wedged, I can't be high-centered on his forks or dustpan. Raise up as high as I can on the legs so that he can't smother my weapon. Spin up, and then lower it into him. He'll struggle mightily to push a double weight bot that'll be doing it's best to push back or break free. Overall, just focus on getting the couple of big hits that I need to put him to sleep. Be as aggressive as a hideously sluggish bot can be.

Good luck.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Hiicantpk

Re: CBC4 HW Round 4: Glacier III vs Forb Bomb

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:34 pm

Plow on

Rush them the best I can and try to angle the first hit so they go OOTA. Thats it. Thats my strategy. This is one hell of a mismatch and I can't be assed to make a better strategy
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57