Wallop vs Padoru Machina

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

Wallop vs Padoru Machina

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:04 pm

First off Padoru Machina can't damage my armour with her spinning weapon. My weapon is strong enough to at least damage her. However, she is by far quicker than me.

I’ll spin my weapon up, carefully drive around the arena, If Machina is going to flank then I’ll attempt to hit the side of her, angle a little earlier in preparation and go for an attack.

If the hit manages to overturn her and goes inverted then her mobility would be a major problem. And her weapon would be completely ineffective. Therefore I can chain some hits more easily and the armour is very vunurable the the wedge would be ineffective and more difficult to still not hit me.

Good luck and may the best bot win 😊.

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Wallop vs Padoru Machina

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:29 pm

WallopPadoru Machina
ImageImage
Speed: 5Speed: 9
Traction: 4Traction: 7
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 13(12 Spinner / 1 Arm)Weapon: 3
Armour: 7Armour: 10(+2 Wedge (forks included of course))
N/AHigh armor config (Forks)
Analysis:
I got the s p e e d, he got slightly better control but that isn't close of compensating for the 11-7 speed difference. A big, open arena like this helps at making it clear.
His spinner does nothing to my forks, should do decent damage to the rest of my bot but it will take multiple hits to break anything, i have wheel covers so my wheels are safe.
My weapon is lol tier but is powerful enough to do mediocre flips, these flips can easily be chained tho. Also note that i can flip him high enough to get him OOTA.
I can self right by ramming into a wall at full speed, if that fails for some reason charging at him to get hit on the side of my wedge should work.
Him self righting with the spinner is going to be unreliable at best, he has an arm that works as a srimech but TBR confirmed it's an electric lifter and he only spent one point in it, it should work as a srimech but VERY SLOWLY. Basically if i get him flipped i can go jam on chaining.

As for the strategy i want to be very aggressive as always, chaining hits as much as i can and hopefully getting an OOTA as a ideal goal. Don't bother with wall pins as that isn't quite my playstyle here and he might be able to do some arm shenanigans and get a free hit.
His front forks look like the kind of thing i can angle on, either by last moment adjustments or engaging at an angle from far away, just watch out for any last second maneuvers from TBR as he probably is going to try it. If angling proves to be ineffective or worse i can just charge straight in for a 50/50 chance of getting under.
With my speed advantage i should be able to flank him, i don't count on this working all the time so it's not the core of my strategy but if we are around the middle of this big arena i should be able to try it.
If we are close to any OOTA hole and i am between Wallop and the OOTA don't do the dumb mistake of engaging head on as i run the risk of getting thrown out, instead use the speed to go around him and possibly even try to get him out.

GL HF don't do mistakes :V
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53