CBC4 HW Week 5: TABOR Mk. 4 vs Long Arm of the Law

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Nighthawk87

CBC4 HW Week 5: TABOR Mk. 4 vs Long Arm of the Law

Post by Nighthawk87 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:36 pm

TABOR Mk. 4 (Type 1A Meme-Sized Plow)
Speed: 6 Traction: 4 Torque: 3 Weapon: 7 Armor: 10 (+2 to lifter)
Drive System: 4WD
Weapon: Turret Lifter

Long Arm of the Law (Forks)
Speed: 7 Traction: 5 Torque: 3 Weapon: 3 Armor: 12
Drive System: Tank Treads
Weapon: Lifter

Lifter v Lifter in Stormhavn, damage clearly won't be a deciding factor.

Strategy: Looking like another dead-even fight, wedging is gonna be a bit iffy, but we are slightly faster and our tank treads give us a small edge in pushing power. We'll use this to our advantage whenever we get underneath, and slam TABOR into the walls as much as we can. We know it's not gonna do much in terms of damage, but it'll be good for looking aggressive. We won't actively try for OOTA lifts like last year, but we will be working on overturning TABOR whenever we can. We'll do our best not to expose ourselves and drive off whenever that scoop gets a bite. If it gets down to the wire and it doesn't look good then we'll try for some carefully timed OOTA rushes, but not before flipping TABOR, it's easier to push someone who's trying to self-right after all.

Word Count: 143

That's about all I got, best of luck Rocket!
Nighthawk Robotics

REDDIT
Tick Tock 2-4

Cherry Bomb Classic 3
Jawsome 1-5
Long Arm of the Law 4-3

REDDIT 2
Sherman 3-2

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
Long Arm of the Law 2-3

Rocket

Re: CBC4 HW Week 5: TABOR Mk. 4 vs Long Arm of the Law

Post by Rocket » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:59 pm

Long Arm Of The Law (Dystopia: 1998 Edition) (1-1)
Speed: 7 | Traction: 5 | Torque: 3 | Weapon: 3 | Armour: 12 | Tank Tracks | Hinged Long Forks

Tabor Mark 4 (We Thought We'd Made Her Stop Falling Over) (1-2)
Speed: 6 | Traction: 4 | Torque: 3 | Weapon: 7 (5 turret, 5 lifter) | Armour: 10 (+2 lifter) | 4WD | Type 1A Meme-Sized Plough

---

No hazards barring a tiny wall and an OOTA zone so thank fuck we're not fighting a flipper. Here goes nothing.

Long Arm's marginally faster than Tabor and has the same amount of torque, but it has one major disadvantage: its lifter is fixed-position and acts slower than Tabor's. Any lifts it gets aren't as fast, and thus I have more time to react to changes and can get down faster. Additionally, the sheer length of his forks means angling in on them is going to be a breeze for Tabor - since Long Arm's at 7 speed I can match its progress perfectly and with excellent control.

I want to be aggressive in this fight. From the start, rush down Long Arm and angle in, keeping the plough flush with the floor so I can get right under the forks and hopefully getting a lift off. He's faster and we've both got the same control ratio, but I'll be going forwards and Nighthawk'll have to throw the thing in reverse, killing his momentum and giving me a little more time for a lift. If I can, turn him over and keep him turned over. He's much slower at self-righting than me and he can't drive upside down, and that means I can bully him all around the park while he's trying to get back the right way up. If the fight ends up near one of the walls and I'm in a position to try for an OOTA, I'll go for it, but I'll watch for any tricks or feints and I won't attempt it if he's the right side up.

Keeping Long Arm turned turtle is the key to winning this fight. If he manages to get under my wedge, I'll try and J-hook off and counter-attack. We've got the same torque, but I won't win a pushing fight - I need to dominate him and I can't let up for a moment.

Good luck, Nighthawk, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)