CBC4 MW Week 4: Tower of Gray vs Hoarfrost

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

CBC4 MW Week 4: Tower of Gray vs Hoarfrost

Post by Trihunter » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:24 am

Tower of GrayHoarfrost
ImageImage
Speed: 7Speed: 8
Traction: 6Traction: 7
Torque: 1Torque: 2
Weapon: 9 (5/5/5)Weapon: 1
Armour: 7Armour: 12
Config: StandardConfig: Standard, + wedgelets
Nice. A control matchup where I'm the only one able to utilize the hazards here. Gray's got clearance all the way around on its back and can't ZK, and Hoar's weapon is so pathetically weak that it can't OotA in this ring RAW, so the only possible way for us to be KO'd early is to get stranded on the wall, which the arm and force from firing the puncher should jog us free. Meanwhile, we can throw Hoarfrost OotA from a single successful grab, so the plan is to do exactly that. Granted, it's somewhat tough to consistently secure that grab, what with it being a 2wd wedge with wedgelets and all, so the plan is to get a single grab in and confirm a kill from it, or pressure them into the OotA zones as much as possible. Initially go for the box rush, scoop-up and kill confirm. May as well have a shot at the fastest non-FF KO in CBC, could be cool. After the initial rush, take it a bit more carefully, focusing on angles and slipping under. If they get under us, mix up between reversing off and monstertrucking for variety, see if we can bait a lift when reversing off and grab the bottom/inside of its maw completing the JoJo reference in the process. If we get under them, grab hold, lift them up enough to keep them off the ground so they can't push back, and dump/launch them OotA. Keep Hoarfrost corraled into the corners as much as possible, so they can't utilize their drivetrain. Keep up pressure to force a mistake and let us in. Remember, we can recover easily from getting outwedged; and they can't.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Re: CBC4 MW Week 4: Tower of Gray vs Hoarfrost

Post by Madman » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:50 pm

Hoarfrost: 8/7/3/3/9

Tower of Gray: 7/6/1/9(5/5/5)/7

Hoarfrost has a 3 power flipper in an arena with four 1.5 foot OOTA corners. Obviously, Tri's going to be smart enough to avoid those. My job is to use my faster drivetrain and quicker-firing weapon to keep him off-balance and get him out of the arena or just score points. Snowball him. He could decide to play this risky, trying to dodge, swing around, and pop me OOTA. However, he has to be able to actually grab my broad, smooth, angled surface with what's actually a really small and flimsy-looking claw. There's nothing for him to actually grip and no good reason that I won't just slip out right away, especially with my back-heavy weight distribution.

When I can, use that to my advantage. Slip out, get under him, and flip right away. When I can, use my acceleration and speed advantages to angle in on his really narrow forks. Occasionally bait a misfire too by dashing into range before reversing. Fire the flipper whenever I'm under him. Keep the pressure on. If I get flipped, self-right when and where it's safe. If it isn't, I can drive inverted. Give myself some room.

GL fam
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49