Defenestrator vs. Icebreaker (CBC4 HW Week 5)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Defenestrator vs. Icebreaker (CBC4 HW Week 5)

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:27 am

STATS:
Defenestrator: 7/6/2/4/11 (+1 forks and wedgelets)
Icebreaker: 7/5/1/6/11

CONFIGS: Clamp please. Superbomb said he's using Icebreaker's normal wedge with a "snout" on the flipper.

STRATEGY:
Okay, I’ve got EZMode arena this time. 1.5ft walls are perfect for me. They’re okay for him, but he has to actually get me in the corners to send me out, which is easier said than done as he has 1 torque and less control.

Be as aggressive as possible while keeping the fight either in the middle of the arena or near the middle of the walls. I don’t want to approach him dead center; instead try to get my jaws to either side of his snout so that his narrow flipper can’t contact my clamp and knock him free. If possible, try to clamp down either between his wedge and front wheel, or behind his front wheel; this will give me a solid grip that’s harder to jostle free of, and should jam his drivetrain on that side. I have a torque advantage so I can probably just push or drag him around. If I can’t lift in that position, take him to the corner or wall and try to adjust and overturn him, then get a grip with better positioning. Go for the OOTA suplex whenever I can.

If I’m wedged or we’re wedgelocked, back off and close/raise my weapon, and turn so his flipper’s in between my pontoons. He might not reach my chassis, and if he flips my lifter it’ll just flip around to the back and hopefully not turn my chassis over, while the clutch protects it from damage. If I’m still upright retreat and bring the weapon back around, otherwise self-right ASAP and since the arm’s now likely behind me, use it as a thwack to knock him aside if he’s getting in my face. Worst-case my pontoons probably still slightly outwedge him.

If I can’t get the OOTA early-ish, stay in his face and focus on pushing him around, pinning, and overturning him.

Superbomb122

Re: Defenestrator vs. Icebreaker (CBC4 HW Week 5)

Post by Superbomb122 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:52 pm

Normal Config

I think both of us are going in with the same objective here: OOTA. With that in mind, the strategy becomes simple enough.

Rush out of the gate in an arc, changing direction if he gets squared up to me.Try to get the angle on the lifting wedge and charge. If I get under, flip to at least knock the arm back and back off slightly before trying to get behind his wedgelets to get a quality flip and chain from there. If ever possible, line up an OOTA flip for the KO. Come at him from a different angle every time until I find one that works, then take every possible measure to get that angle on him.

If he gets under me, try to back away while turning away gently. Switch the direction of the turn mid-escape to catch him off-guard, and get right back in his face when I’m free. If I can’t escape and the clamp comes down, fire the flipper into it to jam the thing momentarily. The thing can’t lift controllably if it has a quick jam like this. If he’s in a place where the flipper can’t hit the clamp, fire the flipper away to dislodge myself. If gravity can dislodge a bot from its grasp, surely a 6-power flipper can.

When positioning, keep myself between his front and a full wall. This will give me more of a chance to escape his grasp as well as let me chain flips across the arena should I get under. Don’t go to corners unless he’s upside down or otherwise unable to do some fancy driving to get me out. Be wary of obvious bait like exposing his back. I don’t want to test whether the top jaw can wedge too.

TL;DR: Angle, flip, don’t let him OOTA, stay near high walls.

GLHF HFL, pls don’t hurt me
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9