Paradox VS Nick Cage

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Paradox VS Nick Cage

Post by GF93 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:20 pm

Default Wedges, Bar on Forks ON.

This murderous shopping trolley has great armour and unusual weapons, so I'll want to avoid being ensnared and scorched. I'm faster and more agile, his wheels/motors are exposed to my spinner, and if he catches me anywhere other than dead-centre with the cage, he'll knock himself off-balance. Most importantly however, he has no means of self-righting. My lifting arms can rotate over my top to lift/flip him even from under the cage as well as keep his flamethrowers away from my body: and if he's overturned, he's brown bread.

Since this fight comes down mostly to driving, be aggressive but at the same time strategic so I can best force him into a position where I can immobilise him. Move out quickly, spin up, fold the forks over the top of myself, and aim predominantly for his corners where the wheels/motors are for maximum damage, and at the same time closely watching to see where I am in relation to the cage. Hang most near the edges/legs so I can easily be in a position to counter if he drops it and potentially damage the hinged wedges with my spinners if he clips them.

Once he drops the cage, flip the forks forward (ala a front-hinge flipper) to force him off-balance, and then drive into the direction he tips toward to lever him over. Alternatively, raise the forks and drive in circles on the spot (ala Panic Attack VS Toecutter) to knock him over. Likewise, if flipping him proves tough, I can also raise the forks to their max height to prop one or more legs over the low wall, and from there I can either go for the OOTA (ala V-Trigger), or attack his legs with the spinners while he's helpless. If I flip or otherwise strand him, great: stay nearby and spun up in case he recovers... maybe tear off the face if I can!

Defence mostly comes down to not letting him control me, and just generally doing what I can to actively take the fight to him, force him onto the back foot, and get the killer flip I need to win. Hang near the legs/cage edges, raise the spikes up high to take away his traction/control and keep the flames off me, and just generally be as slippery and aggressive as possible.

Good luck!

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Paradox VS Nick Cage

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:10 pm

DRIVE OVER THE THING, DROP THE CAGE, GET THE FLAMES GOING AND MOVE AROUND THE ARENA.
THOSE SPINNERS ARE TINY AND UNDERPOWERED, THEY SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO TO TURN NICK OVER
THE ONLY THING THE LIFTING ARMS CAN DO IS GET UNDER NICK'S HINGED WEDGES TO LIFT THEM AND ESCAPE, MOVING IN THE SAME DIRECTION HE IS GOING SHOULD STOP THIS FROM WORKING AS THEY AREN'T FAST AT ALL. EVEN IF WE REACH A WALL HE SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO GO THROUGH THE WALL AND ESCAPE. JUST DON'T GET SENT OOTA.
THE THING HAS RATHER BAD ARMOR AND THE FLAMES SHOULD BE ABLE TO EVENTUALLY DO REAL DAMAGE, THE RUBBER TRACKS CAN PROBABLY GET MELTED.
GL HF
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53