No Fun Machine vs Electro-death

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

No Fun Machine vs Electro-death

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:04 pm

NFM: Speed: 3 / Traction: 1 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 16 / Armor: 9 - DRAGONFIST

Electro-Death: Speed: 8 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 7 (5 spinner/5 lifter)/ Armor: 8(+3 wedge) - ANTI-SPINNER

lmao I'm literally speedwedge-bane, the bot. the flails force him to engage slowly and dissipate their damage before he engages, negating the vast majority of his speed. at 5 weapon he's definitely not de-stabilizing me unless I stop spinning, and at 5 base armor, he's not lasting long to shock damage - I deal FIVE DAMAGE. with the flails. he's got like, 1-2 hits to get this done, and next to no KO power.

my job here is to not be near walls (especially not the one behind my starting square) and to spin2win. this arena is gigantic, we start in corners, and he has no torque and poor control. if he box rushes, move to the side a little bit, catch him on not his wedge, and win. otherwise, just keep pushing around his corners, trying to get the flails to snipe at something other than his wedge.

I'm not really expecting to like, win that way, but forcing him to constantly think about protecting his side and reduce flail speed before going in and taking the hit from the shell itself well is a lot to think about on a bot with a -2 control ratio that instantly dies to my spinner if he fucks up once. if he has time to also line up a hit that sends me near the walls, I'd be very impressed with his ability to multi-task. all I have to do is not get herded near walls, and keep stalling things out until he dies to a bodyshot or to the atrophy of shock damage.

GL

Badnik96

Re: No Fun Machine vs Electro-death

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:35 pm

fuckin dive bomb him immediately, full speed, to stop the spin. from there just keep bulldozing him around the arena. he doesn't really have the best method of escape and i can stick to him like glue so suck it up, eat a hit and see wtf happens
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ