TSA 2.1 vs Final Mecha Catbot

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

TSA 2.1 vs Final Mecha Catbot

Post by V900 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:21 pm

flipper setup

5 weapon on his flipper sounds scary, until you realize that I have enough speed to either nope the weapon or dart away if I fuck up at all. So, I'll angle in...

...but he's expecting me to angle in, so I'll first feint an angle-in, quickly see if he falls for it (if he does, he'll do something along the lines of turning in place to counter it), then capitalize on that by backing up and driving forward.

He's also got a pretty shoddy 4WD wheelbase going there (compare how wide apart his wheels are compared to mine), so he'll have more trouble turning to keep up than I will.

Keep a conservative distance away from the OOTA walls at all times (I'm not getting any OOTAs myself, so don't bother). Chain flips to deliver him to the spikes and boss him around in there.

If he flips me, I'm fully invertible in the same way Hoarfrost is. Note the indent on the front wedge. Will provide screenshots to the writer if need be. TSA, on the other hand, is not invertible.

gl hf

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

TSA 2.1 VS Final Mecha CatBot

Post by GF93 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:52 pm

Default setup, wedge tip ON.

CatBot moves like a bullet and it's got a good, punchy flipper, but I'm still fast enough to keep up, have the far better-suited flipper for OOTAing purposes (throwing forward/up rather than just up, and much more power), can trap him on my wedge while he can't do the same so easily, and his armour's low enough to take significant damage from the spikes, especially those big chunky tyres.

So what it comes down to is being aggressive from the get-go and forcing that all-important first flip, and then immediately removing his advantages as soon as I can. Move out quickly, watch to see where he comes from, and act accordingly: if he is indeed coming that way, then force my way right under from the sides/corners (mix in feints as well if necessary, then attack when he misfires), copy his movements if he tries getting off the wedge, then flip him and follow up. If he tries flanking or feinting, don't fall for it: dodge and counter, or follow his movement, get under, then flip. In any case, flip him first!

When attacking, force as much of an advantage as I can by mixing in OOTA attempts (which I should be going for any chance I have) with flips into the spikes, squashing him into the walls to wear down the clock, keeping him flipped (and actively interfering with any self-righting attempts), and taking away his speed advantage by both limiting his movement to near the walls/hazards and puncturing his tyres with the spikes. Constantly stay on the aggressive, keep underneath and him upside-down (copying his movements if he tries to drive off to keep him trapped), and just generally force him onto the back foot until he can be OOTAed.

Defence mostly means watching what he does constantly, acting accordingly, and doing everything to avoid being OOTAed myself. Actively take the fight to him, keep the nose to the ground and facing him, protect my back/sides, and don't be baited into misfiring. he tries flanking, use the narrow space in the middle as a chokepoint to limit his options. If he gets under, don't panic: either monster-truck over (though if he gets wise, start feinting as well by reversing/countering when I'm about to go over) or reverse/j-turn, then counter. If he flips me, self-right immediately and escape before continuing.

Good luck!