CBC4 LW Round 4: Bluetooth vs Apeirogon

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

CBC4 LW Round 4: Bluetooth vs Apeirogon

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:22 pm

Bluetooth Apeirogon
ImageImage
Speed: 3Speed: 5
Traction: 2Traction: 3
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 16Weapon: 12 (1 Weapon Armor point to lifter)
Armour: 8Armour: 9 (+1 bar)
Standard ConfigHigh armor config, Normal looking wheels
High armor config, regular kind of old school wheels instead of mecanums
I am taking the lifter's forks off, if those get hit i my arm is probably going to bend. I will leave the wedgelets on, if they get hit they are ablative armor and should get torn off safely.

Jack can choose to go for overhead or undercutter.
If the idiot goes for undercutter my arm is longer than his spinner, i will move the arm all the way back and approach in reverse. The idea is to land an overhead hit right in the center of the circle pattern he has, 4 (corner?) damage there should disable his weapon in a few hit and then its all over. I am noticeably faster so i should be able to do this safely, worst case i get hit but i have a rear plow that should take at least 1 hit safely.
If he chooses overhead just stay in normal vert mode and engage head on. His weapon would sit too high to hit my wedgelets before hitting my spinner which has 13 armor and should tank the entire fight. Go straight at him and aim to take hits weapon to weapon for the entire time, a hit on the chasis or wheels would be nice but don't go even just a bit out of my way to do it.
The goal is to send him over the wall into the OOTA/pit/chilly-place, my higher speed should help a lot since i can chose where the hits happen. So if he isn't against the outer walls go around to where i have clear way to chaining Bluetooth into the pit.
If i can't go for the pit try the same plan with the Stabbing Cold, else just go aggro and hit him into wherever.
If he gets flipped and i am not chaining back off a bit and him see the part of the RP if he chooses undercutter.
So yeah don't be stupid, if going overhead against undercutter don't get hit, otherwise make sure to take all the hits with the weapon.
Watch out for bait and weird strats like that, end the fight before the 3 minute mark, blah blah blah.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: CBC4 LW Round 4: Bluetooth vs Apeirogon

Post by attackfrog » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:48 pm

Bluetooth is using its main short bar config.
Apeirogon is using its alt armor config and regular wheels.

Maxi's got some weird weapon armor bonus point shenanigans going on here that I totally didn't know were a possibility because I apparently didn't read the rules closely enough. This apparently gives him 13 weapon armor. Unfortunately for him, that's still three less than Bluetooth's weapon power. Even more unfortunately for him, Bluetooth is going to tear off those front wedges before it even comes into play, which is a bad start for Apeirogon. Once those wedges come off and it's weapon to weapon, I'll be hitting the side of Apeirogon's lifter with Bluetooth's bar long before Apeirogon's bar can make contact with it, which will knock Apeirogon sideways and let my bar in towards the chassis and the tasty wheels hidden behind it.

If Maxi goes butt wedge first to try to doink Bluetooth on the head with its spinner, I'll be doing more damage to its butt wedge than the spinner will do to Bluetooth. If he stops Bluetooth's bar and lifts it over on its back, well, now it's an overcutter instead of an undercutter. No problem.

I'll need to drive carefully given the cramped arena space, but that cramped-ness will also make it harder for Apeirogon to maneuver around to try to get past Bluetooth's bar. I'll avoid going near the spikes as much as I can.

In summary, I'll use my much better reach and stronger weapon to chew away at Apeirogon's lightly armored bits and get past its more heavily armored weapon.

GL Maxi!