CBC4 FW Round 4: Puffy Cloud vs Vindicator

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

CBC4 FW Round 4: Puffy Cloud vs Vindicator

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:04 pm

Puffy CloudVindicator
ImageImage
Speed: 8Speed: 9
Traction: 7Traction: 9
Torque: 2Torque: 7
Weapon: 4 (3 Saw / 3 Arm)Weapon: 0
Armour: 9Armour: 5
Normal ConfigDefault Wedgelets
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC4 FW Round 4: Puffy Cloud vs Vindicator

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:39 pm

Ok so i am faster, got better control (his isn't that bad but still) and a win in torque by a lot. His top speed is barely higher than the speed i push him at. He takes 4 seconds to accelerate fully while i take ~0.64
He has enough armor to not get damaged by my ramming, his saw can damage me but it's going to take forever so i should be safe. Just don't let him cut away for free.
As for the hazards neither of us can send our opponents over the wall into the OOTA unless i somehow manage to do it with a big wall slam. The spike hazards in the corners we don't start at deal 2 damage to both of us so they are only going to be useful to score points.
If i somehow flip Puffy Cloud it will take a brief moment to self right, enough for me get under and go straight for the nearest Stabbing Cold (or a wall if i don't have clear sight to any).

Go full aggro. Those forks have "angle in on me" written in all caps and i have the drivetrain to do it so that is a preferred approach.
If i fail to get under see if driving straight at him makes my wedgelets ride up and block the saw arm while pushing, if the arm doesn't get blocked just push him to the nearest hazard or wall until the saw is about to do something (should take at least 15 seconds), then back off. If i can't reach the wall somehow just make sure i don't get pinned into a wall or get feed into the Stabbing Cold. If it look like that's going to happen just back off straight away.

Controlling the fight here is key, wasting his time is also key. The preferred attacks are sending him into the Stabbing Cold (which can take up to 10 seconds to let him go) or just pin him against any wall, notice how his saw can't hit me if i am under, he might try to escape using the saw arm against the wall, that will probably going to fail as he will need to press the **SAW ITSELF** against the wall, if it works i am free to transition into pushing him elsewhere before he gets back in control.

Don't do milkshakes, don't fuck up, adapt to anything weird, you get the deal.
Good Fun Have Luck
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Tcrrr
Team: Code Red Robotics

Re: CBC4 FW Round 4: Puffy Cloud vs Vindicator

Post by Tcrrr » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:51 pm

Vindicator: 9/9/7/0/5
Puffy Cloud: 8/7/2/4 (3/3)/9
Basically right, he's faster, and has morr pushing power than I do. But the issue is his armor, that's basically fibreglass.

Basically, I'll wait for him to come at me, and I'll try my best to get close to the spike hazards located at the corners of the arena. I'll bait him into going there, and once I've baited him, the hazards will do their job of mildly annoying him, maybe penetrating his basically tin foil armor.

Then I'll try my best into not getting him at me front on, as I know he can easily outpush me, and do whatever he pleases, but I have enough ground clearance to nope out of every push he tries to put me in from side on. If he pushes me front on, I'll try my best to get underneath him, and bring the saw down. Apparently I can saw through his armor in 15 seconds, and I can also pin him for 30 seconds while moving, and since he'll be pushing me around it'll technically be a moving pin! When he's pushing me, I won't try to back off, I'll just try to lock horns head on, and try to steer against what he's doing, while maintaining the upper hand in the wedge game. As 2wd static and 4wd hinged are one the same, it really goes down to the steepness of the wedgelets of who'd be more wedgy between us 2. While I may have the wedge advantage, he still can try to get in underneath, and so whenever he does so I'll hook out to escape, and go to his side. He's gonna try to pressure me into making mistakes too, and so if at any moment I make a driving error, back off and try not to let him capitalize on said error.

To spice things up, try to bait him into accidentally exposing his side by some clever driving, and by reversing off, adjusting myself so I'm at his 1 o clock, then simply going forward, and maneuvering to his side at an awkward angle.

As soon as I get into contact with his chassis, lower the saw arm immediately, and try to get as much damage on him as I possibly can.

Tldr: you know chaos 2 vs Wild thing? I'll play chaos 2