CBC 4 FW Wk 4 The Grand Vizier vs Irritant

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

CBC 4 FW Wk 4 The Grand Vizier vs Irritant

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:14 am

I'm confident that Irritant's armour is certainly strong enough to handle many hits from Grand Viz, that immediately gives me the upperhand right from the start. Grand Vizier is also vunurable from angling exploits due to the shape of his chassis.

Irritant is by far the quicker of the two bots so he should have no issues catching up Grand Vizier with ease. I'll use my flipper to chain some flips and disrupt him from escaping me. I want to try and lead him up towards one of the spike hazards.

I'll pressurise my opponent during the match however I will need to be wary of any sneaky hits off Vizier, if he manages to angle me, then reverse away and re-direct myself to a different angle.

Good luck and may the best robot win.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Re: CBC 4 FW Wk 4 The Grand Vizier vs Irritant

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:43 pm

-I think the main challenge in this match will be dealing with his speed. I’m no stranger to dealing with bots apparently made of Vibranium so I don’t sweat focusing on KOs.

-Stay defensive early on and just focus on keeping the drum pointed at him. Depending on how aggressively he comes at me, I might be able to try some angle in tactics when he gets close and try to slip my forks under him.

-Ultimately the goal will be to try and out wedge him and use the drum to pop him around and keep him under control. I can’t directly hurt him too much, but getting a lot of use out of the drum and staying on the offensive typically equals a lot of judges points and should be enough to outweigh anything he can get in Aggression.

Use any part of the arena to my advantage I can whenever possible. Keep any decently safe section of wall at my back whenever I’m on the defensive to keep him from trying to get to my rear.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.