CBC4: Carapace vs. SPINNERFOOD

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

CBC4: Carapace vs. SPINNERFOOD

Post by attackfrog » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:22 pm

Carapace: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9403#p72623
SPINNERFOOD: BITES THE DUST: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9403#p72624

Carapace is using its alternative configuration, in which the pontoons (the big orange spikes on the front of the robot) receive an armor bonus.

The pontoons are the only thing keeping this from being a "one hit and you're dead" battle on both sides. Since they stick out in front, they'll be the first thing Spinnerfood hits, and they're tanky enough in this config to take a few hits. This'll give me time to line up the perfect shot to Spinnerfood's chassis for catastrophic piercing damage. If I hit Spinnerfood's spinner by mistake, Carapace's hammer should be fine: it's got that sweet weapon armor bonus.

Spinnerfood does have better control than Carapace, but it's no faster, and its better control won't let it sneak around behind Carapace. All I have to do is turn to put one of the pontoons in the way of its spinner to defend myself. For attack, all I have to do is line up a shot anywhere on Spinnerfood that's not its spinner. I'll be patient, but not too patient: I don't have too much to lose if I miss either.

My strategy will be to angle in a bit on SF, though I know that sounds weird coming from a driver without a speed advantage. SF will get to my side more as a result, but I'll also be able to turn into it and bonk it with the hammer. If this fails as a strategy, I'll just go directly to take a shot at SF's chassis.

GL Sirens!

hide
Team: Team C/D

Re: CBC4: Carapace vs. SPINNERFOOD

Post by hide » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:45 pm

So we're pretty dead even: we oneshot each-other on chassis (or at the very least cripple eachother), we have 5 speed, and damaging weapons. As with around 99% of my fights, this depends on who gets the first shot on the chassis. Yes, he does have pontoons to defend himself with, but the problem is that their defensive capacity is limited: he has worse maneuverability, and the way he has to position himself to utilize the pontoons means he has to decide to tank a hit or risk it a bit to KO me, which in that case I would have a advantage (because of my aforementioned maneuverability advantage) in getting the one shot I need. If I can't, I can easily escape/back off. So, to summarize: yes, we're pretty even, but as I always say in my RPs for this infernal bot: "I HAVE A SLIGHT ADVANTAGE", because I really do.

Now, here's my strategy on how to tank Carapace's hammer with my blade, in image form:
https://preview.redd.it/1wbz4b15vcd31.j ... b72fb41be2

Nope, I am not gambling a win on a absolute meme of a strategy, even if I'm RPing for a memebot. I'm going to let him think Im attacking his front and trying to tank his blade, and initially I'll try to look like I'm going for the "tank it with the blade" strategy, but when he tries to swing his pontoons around to block my blade, I'll back off slightly, and exploit his -2 control, with him falling victim to something pretty bad: oversteering. If the strategy works, I get that sweet chassis shot, and by then Carapace is either dead, crippled or somewhere in-between the two.

GL attackfrog
Spoiler
Taskmaster: Reckoning: Evolution (0-4)
Taskmaster V2: REDDIT 2 (3-3)
Taskmaster V3: Thunder Underground (3-1), ARC Rumble (lost)
Taskmaster V4/King Crimson: Not the Football League (1-0), CBC 4 (2-4)
taskMASTER: Pat’s Reddit Tournament (3-2)
Spoiler
SPINNERFOOD: Thunder Underground (1-2), CBC 4 (4-4), CBC4 Rumble (lost)
Spoiler
D O N O T C R O S S: Thunder Underground (2-0)
Killer Queen: CBC 4 (2-4)
SPECTRALS: ROBOT4 (0-1)
CRAZY DIAMOND: ROBOT4 (2-1)
Ki: PAT'S TOURNAMENT (5-0) CHAMPION
DEAD BABY CANNON: RUMBLE IN DA JUNGLE (4-2)
MADE IN HEAVEN: ROBOT4 (1-1)
Record: 33-29
Notable Achievements:
  • Champion (Kira), Pat’s Antweight Tourney