CBC4 HW Week 3: Padoru Machina vs FusterCluck

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

CBC4 HW Week 3: Padoru Machina vs FusterCluck

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:57 pm

Padoru MachinaFusterCluck
ImageImage
Speed: 9Speed: 6
Traction: 7Traction: 4
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 5Weapon: 10
Armour: 8Armour: 9
Regular configRegular config
Actual rp soon
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC4 HW Week 3: Padoru Machina vs FusterCluck

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:47 pm

Notice that it has a clutch flipper, it takes a weapon point so the spinner only gets 9 power. (While the flipper only 5)

Technically he can damage me, but he can only deal 1 damage so not really, not even if he gets corner damage. My spinner gets an armor bonus just in case you didn't know.
I am way faster, we both got equal control and same torque. None of us deal real damage so its a battle between his bigger flips against my SPEED
The big thing here are the fatales, they are the only real way to deal damage in this arena, OOTA is also possible, but i won't rely on that as my primary plan as it will be tricky for me and one mistake in the wrong moment could give my opponent a chance to send ME OOTA. Still going to try it if the opportunity presents itself tho.

So the strategy is to get under and chain flips to send him into the fatales, preferably to the same one but powering up a second one if its hard to keep the fight in the same corner. Touching the white and green fatales with my wedge to power them up is viable if Best Bot Name Ever isn't near by.
If he engages with the side with the spinner just angle in most of the time to help getting under, not sure if it would work if he goes flipper first but i guess trying once shouldn't hurt. If i fail to get under and get flipped and need to self right i need to ram myself into a wall but hopefully he has no chance of stopping me cuz fast.
When i get under i will chain flip him into the nearest / most powerful fatale. If he lands inverted he has to fire the flipper to self right, which takes all the power from the spinner, meaning that it is completely safe to engage while he is in the air to intercept as he lands. Even if he gets under somehow he won't we able to do anything for small moment.
If after i get a fatale to yellow or something he decides to retreat to the opposite corner of the arena try to lure him to get closer to the big hazard. If that fails we both lose aggression points and i just send switch to sending him into the now nearest fatale.

So yeah don't be dumb, chain hits a lot, farm the hazards, don't get hit by them and GL HF
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Rinzler

Re: CBC4 HW Week 3: Padoru Machina vs FusterCluck

Post by Rinzler » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:37 am

Alllllrighty kids time to rp after becoming one sick boi. He has speed on me, but it's not super drastic and we both have awful control. The plan here is to only go full throttle to close the distance between us, then only use about 80 percent throttle when angling in to get a better control ratio. Its hinged vs static, so I should have no issue getting under and running a train with the disc. If things aren't really going my way, try cunt punting his spinner with my flipper. Long story short- Less speed for more precision maneuvers, keep him on the hazards, and go for the oota if the opportunity rises. Whole lotta gang shit