Paradox VS V-Trigger

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Paradox VS V-Trigger

Post by GF93 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:53 pm

Default Forks and Wedges.

V-Trigger's weapon's pretty powerful and he matches my top speed, but I've got the advantages in torque/traction (plus with the tracks, I can more easily cross obstacles), have the generally stronger wedge from my forks, and my cogwheels are powerful enough to damage his armour and wheels. He's also in serious trouble if he's flipped on his front with the disc slowed/stopped, so that gives me three potential means (damage, flipping, and OOTAing) I have to kill him.

So with that, I'll want to be strategic in how I approach, then aggressive as all hell once I've gained the upper hand. Move out quickly, spin up, keep the forks to the ground, and aim for the corners in either of his front wedges where it'll be weakest to maximise my chances of getting under. Force my way under, strike the front edges of his wedge to warp them upward, and keep hitting hit: then, once it shows visible warping, lift him over and get shoving. If he hits/flips me, don't panic: reverse out the way and turn the forks inward to flip myself back over as I do to escape, spin up again as I land facing him, then counter.

When attacking, prioritise keeping him flipped with my forks and tearing away at his underside/tyres/wedges with my spinners to nullify his attacking abilities. Squash him into walls to wear down the clock, force him into the floor spinners (preferably the same ones each time to gradually increase damage), and if I can get him against one of the OOTA walls: force him up against it with the forks, flip them up under myself and him so they're next to myself, then lever him over it like a front-hinge flipper. If I can't OOTA him, stick to wearing him down and flipping him on his front if I can slow/stop the disc, staying close by and away from the wedge in case he rights himself as he's being counted out.

Defence-wise, constantly take the fight to him, actively stop him attacking, chase him down if he runs away, and limit his movement to near walls/hazards. However, don't be reckless: keep spun up and the front facing him with forks down when approaching, avoid hazards unless using them myself, and escape before self-righting to avoid being comboed.

Good luck, TBR!

British-Robotics

Re: Paradox VS V-Trigger

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:11 pm

Alright, V-Trigger's weapon is strong enough to damage Paradox’s armour, the lifting forks are vulnerable, I want to damage one of the lifting forks first in order to gain the upper hand early in the match.

Once the lifting weapon is damaged this will potentially force him to come right at me, and go I’ll need to be extremely careful on how Paradox will approach me. Defending is the next tactic.

Avoid getting flipped in the process, don’t go anywhere near the arena walls as much as possible, no aggressive tactics, defend and hit at the right moment to strike.

The front of Paradox is the only part of him I need to focus on damaging so I'll need to do some fake angling in hope to catch Paradox off guard and clip the front wedges.

Good luck and may the best robot win. GF-93 :)