WK 3 HW: Petaflare vs Wallop

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

WK 3 HW: Petaflare vs Wallop

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:48 am

Wallop has the advantage to get under Petaflare due to him having hinged wedgelets. Since we both have equal speed and traction I'll need to be careful right from the start especially with Peta's crusher being the main threat. However, since Petaflare is 2WD, that may give me the upperhand by doing some baiting attempts for Petaflare to turn towards Wallop, reverse back and go for a quick hit at the side of Petaflare.

My weapon should be good enough to cause at least some damage, If the attack ends up toppling over my opponent, I do not want to give any time for the self righting process, so I'll agressive attack Peta at that point by chaining some hits and leading it towards the arena side wall.

Good luck and may the best robot win. :)

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Re: WK 3 HW: Petaflare vs Wallop

Post by Trihunter » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:50 am

NHV declared. That's this one.

Wallop does -2 damage to the plow. Guess where we're keeping that spinner.

Take it easy from the start of the match, keeping slow and working on our angles. Those fucked-up looking corners are prime targets to wedge under, so perhaps a diagonal approach could be solid. If we get outwedged, reverse immediately, back off, and try again, and try to srimech ASAP if we're struck by the spinner. If we get under, push ahead, crushing for damage, and aiming to disable the arm or compromise the vert's frame, if given a choice. As usual, dump them in the hazards, in this case being whichever of the Fatales is lit up the most.

tl;dr: Keep it slow, focus on outwedging via the corners, avoid the spinner, crush good.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)