KILLER QUEEN vs Long Arm of the Law

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

hide
Team: Team C/D

KILLER QUEEN vs Long Arm of the Law

Post by hide » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:07 pm

KILLER QUEEN: 6/5/1/7/11, +2 Wedge, Forks On
LONG ARM OF THE LAW: 7/5/3/3/12
-------------------------------------------
(note: OUT OF RP COMMENT BELOW)
Never suspected that the Noir would be in Chicago until the arena dossier was posted. Well, I suppose that means I'm on my home-field. Hope I can get a W in it, right?
--------------------------------------------
So, this fight is kinda similar drive-wise to my last one (with the exception of torque): he has the speed and (kinda) wedge advantage, but he also has -2 traction to his speed. I learned the hard way in REDDIT that treads don't give you a advantage in traction, so regardless of his drive mechanism he is going to be suffering from pretty bad oversteer, which I can take advantage of with my maneuverability. He does have 3 torque, which is potentially a problem, but it relies on him forcing a head-on, which with enough good driving I can avoid. As for weapon/armor, I have a advantage in weapon power (CHAD 7 power flipper vs virgin 3 power lifter, which is low-end average speed), but not armor (I have 9 on my body vs 12 on his). Fortunately, since I'm going for a OOTA-oriented strategy, that shouldn't figure too much into the match, since I'm not going for a KO.

So, positioning is very important in this match, and I start with a advantage: the Rotten Cop will delay him long enough for me to get into the location I want. In this case, I'm going to go near the closest Fatale, "level it up" to it's yellow stage, and lure him to make contact with him. Even if it does no damage, the knockback + -2 traction will disorient his bot enough to the point where I can take advantage of his situation. If he recovers, maneuver to the next-closest Fatale, "level it up" to yellow, and try to lure him in. If my trick works and I get under a vulnerable area, I'm going to drive HARD towards the OOTA zone. The wall is 2 feet up, my flipper throws stuff up 7 feet. If it doesn't work, try the strategy again, or go for a quick flanking maneuver and go for the OOTA once more.

If the luring strategy doesn't work, I'll go on a cautious offense: I'll drive for his vulnerable areas HARD, but back off if I don't think I can make it. Above all, I want to go for vulnerable areas, but not head-on: he does have a (kinda) better wedge, which I'll admit. So, point is: pressure the vulnerable areas as much as I can in this strat.

If that doesn't work, straight up flank.

If that doesn't either, I'll go head on.
Last edited by hide on Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
Taskmaster: Reckoning: Evolution (0-4)
Taskmaster V2: REDDIT 2 (3-3)
Taskmaster V3: Thunder Underground (3-1), ARC Rumble (lost)
Taskmaster V4/King Crimson: Not the Football League (1-0), CBC 4 (2-4)
taskMASTER: Pat’s Reddit Tournament (3-2)
Spoiler
SPINNERFOOD: Thunder Underground (1-2), CBC 4 (4-4), CBC4 Rumble (lost)
Spoiler
D O N O T C R O S S: Thunder Underground (2-0)
Killer Queen: CBC 4 (2-4)
SPECTRALS: ROBOT4 (0-1)
CRAZY DIAMOND: ROBOT4 (2-1)
Ki: PAT'S TOURNAMENT (5-0) CHAMPION
DEAD BABY CANNON: RUMBLE IN DA JUNGLE (4-2)
MADE IN HEAVEN: ROBOT4 (1-1)
Record: 33-29
Notable Achievements:
  • Champion (Kira), Pat’s Antweight Tourney

Nighthawk87

Re: KILLER QUEEN vs Long Arm of the Law

Post by Nighthawk87 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:28 pm

This'll be pretty interesting, we're almost even across the board. Going in with the wedgelets again.

Strategy: We'll be using our pushing power to our advantage in order to shove him around. But first we'll use our lifter to overturn him, if he's upside down we'll be able to consistently get underneath him and wedge him around constantly. We'll be looking for good opportunities to wedge him, while also minding the crooked cop, that thing's gonna spoil rush attempts. We'll also keep the fight away from the rotten walls and towards the sides, try to bait him into tripping on the cop. A good part of the plan will be using the fatales to slowly eat away at Killer Queen's wheels, he's got less armor so they should be easier for them to lop off. When one of them is gone we'll take advantage of the drive issues, j-hooking whenever we can to get at his sides. Rinse repeat until both wheels on one side are gone and leave him to get counted out.

If he's still putting up a fight we'll do our best to use the fatales to damage his body, going for whatever corner he lost his wheel on. If that doesn't work we'll try to dump him out, line up a good box rush away from the crooked cop and lift him over the wall. If he manages to get underneath us back the hell away and realign ourselves for a counterattack.

Word count: 229

That's all I gots, may the best wedge win hide!
Nighthawk Robotics

REDDIT
Tick Tock 2-4

Cherry Bomb Classic 3
Jawsome 1-5
Long Arm of the Law 4-3

REDDIT 2
Sherman 3-2

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
Long Arm of the Law 2-3