Untitled Goose Robot vs The Grand Vizier

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Untitled Goose Robot vs The Grand Vizier

Post by V900 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:59 pm

plow config

So basically my plan is to ram my 17 armor neck down his throat. Harass him the entire match... ya know... like a goose does.

I have two options that I can switch between if one's proving to be obviously better than the other:
  • Stick my neck straight down the center between his wedgelets. His drum teeth will either miss or hit the top, popping him into the air a little bit.
  • Angle in. This might be a little tricky since we've got the same speed, buuut he has -2 tra:spd disparity, a tall top-heavy design, and a bigass KE drum that'll make him gyro when turning. Try and bait him into doing that.
Focus on pinning him against walls and the pistons primarily. Either bonk the grills myself (not preferred) or push him into them (preferred). I think a 5 speed shove counts as a "solid impact", yes?

There's a chance he catches on some part of my plow to fling it up, but in that case I can easily back off and turn (basically j-hook without being on a wedge), forcing him to turn as well. As mentioned earlier, turning is a bit of a problem for him!

Run away if flipped and use the arena piston things to self-right. If he flips over, try to keep him like that. Half his teeth flat out don't work inverted, my man MW really doing Josh dirty with the suboptimal tooth design.

gl hf

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Re: Untitled Goose Robot vs The Grand Vizier

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:09 pm

-Pedantically, I'd argue that the goosehead attachment (since it's, ya'know an attachment) isn't part of the plow and shouldn't get the armor bonus since at what point are attachments considered distinct enough from what they are attached to. But whatever :P

-On the bright side, that plow looks steep enough to where it's wedge defense is highly suspect. It would be hard to convince me that GV's forks couldn't get under them. Goose also doesn't have a significant drive advantage so he can't effortlessly avoid me either.

-Avoid the actual goosehead and use my forks to get under him. From here my drum takes over. While my drum can't really do any direct damage to the plow, it's still more than powerful enough to pop him around, potentially even strong enough to toss him over and give me a shot at the more vulnerable chassis armor/wheels.

-Try to keep the fight out in clear open space until I can ascertain how much I can control him with a combination of my forks and drum. Juggle/shove him to hazards (or at least a wall) if at all possible. Keep the drum pointed in his direction at all times!

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.