TSA 2.1 VS Doctor Robotnik (Eggman! :v )

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

TSA 2.1 VS Doctor Robotnik (Eggman! :v )

Post by GF93 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:50 pm

Default Setup, NO WEDGE TIP.

TSA versus Robotnik? This one would have been a great match back in the day, too! He's got good defence/speed for his type, and the disc could cause nasty damage if I'm not careful. However, I've got the heavily-armoured front end, the greater drivetrain overall, and the flipper that's strong enough both power-and-defence-wise to control the battle. He's also very vulnerable to being wedged under: he'll lose all traction if he's lifted up even slightly, the side spikes will make useful handles for doing so, and with how my flipper works, the overcutter mode doesn't really hit high enough to disable it.

With that, plenty of aggression throughout is the way to go. Move out quickly, watch to see which direction he comes from (and how: especially watch out for him, say, starting backward and trying to swing the disc into my side), and force the initial impact in the direction to which he's spinning to minimise damage to myself and knock him back. Immediately dive under, flip, and get shoving from there. Beware of any sudden movements, keep my front facing him with the nose down, and only flip when I'm definitely right underneath.

When on the attack, prioritise staying as close to him as possible (preferably underneath) and keeping him herded near the walls/hazards to stop him spinning up. Throw him around and combo him with the flipper, squash him into the walls/pistons to wear down the clock (with practically no ground clearance, this'll be especially effective), chase him down if he tries to run away and spin up, and smash him into the grates whenever I can to open them up ASAP. Then once the Pit is open, chuck him down!

Defence is mostly aggressive, here: actively taking the fight to him as much as I can, stopping his attacks cold, and forcing him into danger and constantly onto the back foot. Keep the front end facing him to minimise damage, protect my back and sides throughout (always have at least one escape route and be ready to dodge then counter as necessary), avoid hazards unless using them myself, and make sure never to leave myself open when going for the grates by using him to do so when possible. Do everything possible to stop him spinning up!

Good luck, Josh!

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Re: TSA 2.1 VS Doctor Robotnik (Eggman! :v )

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:22 pm

Alex V using an old Lian bot? What is this a crossover episode? At the very least I'm glad to see Alex is still stuffing his bot pictures/descriptions with a bunch of meaningless buzzwords :P

-The comfort of using one of my old spinners is that I don't really need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to strategy. Even if finding ways of dishing out major damage is an uphill battle, the general plan of attack is pretty straightforward, in a very literal sense.

-The main thing is to just focus on keeping the disc pointed in his direction and keeping myself away from any hazards. Keeping near a safe stretch of wall is generally preferable since it limits his ability to try an circumnavigate around my weapon.

-As an undercutter he doesn't really have the ability to get under my weapon at all and I'm able to knock him away before he's able try and get any control over me. Major damage to anywhere on the front is pretty much unattainable, but repeated stress to the same area is going to at least be highly annoying for him.

-If this approach just isn't really doing much for me at all, the secondary tactic will be to try and swing the disc at him to try to knock him aside. Best case scenario for me in any event is being able to get an opening at a non-reinforced part of his chassis to put a hurt on that.

-As per usual, try to keep the disc pointed at him at all times and just try to land as many hits on him as possible no matter what location.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.