CBC4: Lil' Yeetums vs. Taipan

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

CBC4: Lil' Yeetums vs. Taipan

Post by attackfrog » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:07 pm

Lil' Yeetums
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9403#p72623
Taipan
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9403&start=15#p72632
Image Image

Yeetums is using her forks.

Having no OOTA zone is not ideal for me, and the hazards here aren't going to do much for me either, I think. This will be a control match, and I'll win it by asserting my dominance over Taipan by throwing it repeatedly into the air and by being hard to control myself.

We've both got forky weapons, so we should have about equal chances of getting under each other at any given interaction. The difference is what happens after that. If Taipan gets under, it can lift Yeetums, in which case my rear wheels will still be on the ground and I can J-turn away; or it can try to shove Yeetums around, in which case I'll have all my wheels on the ground and can J-turn away. If Lil' Yeetums gets underneath Taipan, Taipan goes soaring into the air and there's nothing Alex can do about it.

Taipan's advantage would be using its jaws to hold onto Yeetums, but they're static. They won't get a grip on Yeetums' wheels, and if they do get lucky enough to get a grip on the front of its chassis then firing the flipper is guaranteed to free Yeetums. Yeetums is designed to be hard to push around: it's always got wheels on the ground, so it's always going to have at least some control over where it's pushed. With that in mind, I'll avoid getting pushed into the fire pit and the flamethrowers.

I'll flip Taipan when I get under and deal it a little impact damage and avoid being controlled too much when it gets under (our drivetrains are very close.) I'll avoid the hazards, but prioritize getting under. It's a driving match!

GL Alex.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: CBC4: Lil' Yeetums vs. Taipan

Post by GF93 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:59 pm

Alright, control match! I've got the edge in drivetrain by some margin, but he's got that powerful flipper, so I'll have to be very careful not to get caught and thrown. So really, it's plenty aggression but not to a reckless extent: move out quickly, watch to see where he comes from, and force my way under from either the sides/corners/sides of weapons, and prioritise stopping any defence manoeuvres (j-turning, etc.) before I lift since I'm both faster and have the torque/acceleration advantage. Copy the movements to stop it escaping, then lift and get shoving.

Keep underneath as much as I can, and limit its movement to near the walls/hazards so I can effectively bash it into the grates and potentially drop it down the pit, force it into the pistons, or just simply squash it into walls to wear down the clock. If I can, drop the arm down on top of it while flipped and pin it between that and the scoops to stop it self-righting. Keep that up for as long as I can each time to swing control/strategy my way!

In terms of defence, it's mostly aggressive (actively take fight to him, pursue him if he runs, copy movements if he tries driving off arm/wedge, etc.), but at the same time, just good common sense. Keep the arm down whenever I'm not underneath, avoid hazards when not using them myself and don't leave myself open, and if I'm flipped, don't panic: prioritise escaping first with my invertability, then self-right where it's safe before continuing. Dodge and counter!

Good luck.