Mastodonsaurus vs Final Mecha Catbot

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Mastodonsaurus vs Final Mecha Catbot

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:45 pm

Mastodonsaurus: Speed: 4 Traction: 2 Torque: 1 Weapon: 16 Armour: 7
Final Mecha Catbot: Speed: 9 Traction: 8 Torque: 2 Weapon: 0 Armour: 11 (+2 to plow)

Spin-up as soon as the match starts really, thanks to the furnace there should be enough room between us to prevent a proper box-rush, meaning I can get spun up to a decent speed. My blade spins clockwise and so I’m going to tilt myself slightly to the left when we meet rather than going head on. Why? So I can get a massive bite on the backside of his wedge and possibly and bite right into those juicy wheels of his, potentially ripping one off or disabling the one side of drive at least with one hit, making it easy pickings to just wail on. A 13 armour plow is nothing to be laughed at but sustained hits could definitely lead to it being torn off before the match is done, being that it is only mounted to a 9 armour chassis and will be getting hit very often, especially with how vulnerable the back is to getting bitten horrifically.. I should be able to deflect away from being pushed around too much thanks to how steep he is and the power of my weapon. I want to keep the match away from any hazards, the furnace, or the wall but I won’t hesitate to try and throw him into those pistons after a big hit from my spinner. Always keep spun-up at all times during the match and more importantly, always keep my blade facing him. Drive away from the furnace as soon as I can if I’m driven near it but still keeping my blade pointed at him at all times.
Best of luck V9000

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: Mastodonsaurus vs Final Mecha Catbot

Post by V900 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:26 pm

plow config, I'll also be referring to Mastowhatever the fuck as just "Masto" for sake of simplicity.

Bonk the pit grills 4 times when convenient. I want those things opened ASAP so I can shunt Masto's ass into there for an easy KO.

When engaging, go for an angled-in BOX RUSH!!!1!!11 as an opener. 100mph blade + angled surface + 2 traction LOL 4head = a lot of recoil. Use said recoil and my hugely superior speed to at least side-flank, if not outright rear-flank him.

Yes, I have 2 torque. He has 1 torque. What's he gonna do, push back?

The best part about my obnoxiously high speed is that I can also counter any j-hooks or whatever other buzzword strategies he tries. So at the very least, I'll be pushing him around at a consistent 2 speed. The actual speed of the push doesn't matter if I'm able to keep at it for as long as I please. That'll mean I get all the control points and he gets a minimal amount of aggression points.

I actually kind of want to be careful about pushing him into the popup vent hazard things, since there's a chance it might result in some weird bullshit where his blade flies over my plow and bonks my chassis to death. Only go for it if it's safe.

Watch out if he does the Tax Cutter thing. Wait for him to get a little too close with it, then dart forward into his rear.

My hammerblocker will probably get shredded up at some point, but I'd like to remind the fictional judges that it getting damaged doesn't impair my robot's function in any major way. Thanks.

gl hf