Blood Eagle vs Boring Gray wedge

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Tcrrr
Team: Code Red Robotics

Blood Eagle vs Boring Gray wedge

Post by Tcrrr » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:46 pm

Stats:
Me: 8/7/4/0/11 (+2 wej)
Him: 4/2/1/16/7

Basically, this fight happened many times, the result won't be any different

Actual RP starts here:

I'll start the match by doing a box rush, my 8 speed compared to his 4 means I'll be able to stop his spinner before it's too late, and before he gets his massive blade up to speed. If he gets a hit in at a good speed, I'll recover from it as soon as possible, and ram my wedge into his spinner.

You see, this time around I have an ABR wedge, which at first is shallow, and then is steep. This will deflect him upwards, maybe even flip him, or send him gyroing in an awkward position. (see: Valkyrie vs Overhaul) I'll capitalize on this opportunity, and then push him into the closest die Schornsteine, which will hopefully send him flying on fire, but I'll keep the pressure on, and I won't fall for any tricks he tries to do on me. (like pulling a tombstone and baiting) and I'll just back away and go for a different angle when he attempts to bait me.

If he gets a really good in and it flips me over (even though that's very unlikely considering my rather low Center of Mass),keep the wedge pointed at him, and charge head first into the blade, trying to either
A. Smother him, and shut down his ability for offense
B. Go for a big hit, and see if he can flip me over again

If he tries to snipe one of my wheels, even if he does so if I have 2-3 wheels I'm still able to go on, depending on where they are hit, but considering my stats it'll most likely be the front wheels. So if I lose a wheel, just keep going at him with my wedge, as long as it's still there I'm doing just fine.

I have the drivepower to completely smother him, 19 points of drive compared to 7 points is a huge difference, so I can approach him at any angle I so desire. at worst, he'll do 3 damage to me, which in most scenarios would mean he has 3 hits at full power before my wedge starts to give way. I'll keep pressure on him during the entire time to prevent him from buying any time to spin up to a speed that can do much if anything to my wedge.

Tldr: box rush, smother him, and take him to the hazards, stop the spinner and keep hitting him with the wedge while he's at a low speed

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Re: Blood Eagle vs Boring Gray wedge

Post by Madman » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:27 pm

Blood Eagle: 4/2/1/16/7
BGW: 8/7/4/0/11 (+2 wedge)

Code wants this. His RP'll probably cover all the standard brick things like smothering, making me tombstone dance, meeting the blade first, haz0rd use, and avoiding the tombstone sweep. It'll play up the obvious mismatch and be kinda overconfident. I'm banking on that. I wanna use this arena and the fundamental predictability of weaponless wedges against him.

1) To box rush, he'll have to go around the furnace. He has 10 speed vs my 6. It's an edge, but I still have a drivetrain and can't be high-ended. Start facing backwards and, whichever way he goes, reverse full-bore the opposite way, also paying careful attention to my spin direction. Get him to chase me in a circle. When I'm spun up, hug the furnace pretty closely and let the weapon-wedge hit happen. When I hit him, the direction in which I'm spinning should spin me away somewhat around the furnace, leaving it as an obstacle I can use to buy myself time. Cut the weapon temporarily if I'm out of control. Use my drivetrain to make him close in slower.

2) I'll get flipped at some point and be overcutting. When my weapon's spun up, charge him (I want a high closing speed). It should hit the very top of Hellhound's his shallow ABR, skipping over into his top plate and wheels. If he gets under my actual body, the weapon'll be stuck in the air just above him. Quick weapon torque aided turn will help me slide off to the side, trailing edge of the blade coming down at an angle across him.

3) Deny him my weapon on his terms. Use it on mine. Most anti-tombstone sweeping plans are 'avoid it and attack the blade specifically.' Perfect. I want to lose him aggression points. Regularly present the obvious bait of my ass and threat of a sweeparound. Let him chase the blade and get a free spinup. If I'm near the pistons, don't turn 100% on the spot. Arc closer to them so he's forced to either drive over them or stop/reverse to avoid them. Take advantage of the interrupted driving to sweep the blade under him as he comes down.

4) Don't fear the furnace. I have a huge cross-section that shouldn't fit down. I have a weapon that can punt him into it if I line the angle up right.

GL
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49