CBC 4 LW WK 3: Fork Factor vs National Security

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

CBC 4 LW WK 3: Fork Factor vs National Security

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:53 pm

Alright, I'm confident that Fork Factor should be able to handle the melty bot that is National Security.

First off NS's chassis is quite straight and boxy and has no proper protection to prevent an opponent in getting underneath. I'll use this oppertunity by reling on my speed and traction advantage and press my forks down in order to get under NS. Once I get near NS, charge head on and hope to cause NS to rebound immensely once I make some decent hit.

If NS is slowed down from the impact, then I'll use the oppertunity to get underneath National Security by keeping the forks low as possible and slam him near the arena wall agressively. If he manages to slip away from my forks and starts to move away, then I'll use my mecanum locomotion to catch him up.

Prevent NS to spin up during the battle, he can't damage me once he is not spinning at maximum potential, once he is stopped or completely slowed, I will have the upper hand during the duration of this fight.

Good luck and may the best robot win.

Superbomb122

Re: CBC 4 LW WK 3: Fork Factor vs National Security

Post by Superbomb122 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:58 pm

More odd mechanums!

Fork Factor’s an interesting one, to say the least. Especially for a melty brain. One of the mechanums is mis-oriented, so don’t expect him to have the best control. Also, given that the spin up time of NS is 2 seconds and that the Mulbrenner esists, he’s not box rushing me out of the gate.

That said, spin up and show mobility. Hopefully he either tries to strafe and gets messed up by his mechanum placement, leaving a 9-armor part of his bot exposed, or the steep sides of the forks allow me to catch the forks with my extremely low teeth. If it’s the former, punish HARD. Keep spinning, stay away from hazards (especially the furnace), hope he dies. Typical melty stuff.

PS: idk what the deal with 3 (Forks Up: 3 Forks Down: 3) is, but I’m not sure that split is right

GL TBR
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9