The Thieving Magpie vs Trilobite: CBC Round 3 LW

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

The Thieving Magpie vs Trilobite: CBC Round 3 LW

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:38 pm

The Thieving Magpie Trilobite
ImageImage
Speed: 7 Speed: 9
Traction: 7 Traction: 9
Torque: 1 Torque: 3
Weapon: 5 Weapon: 0
Armour: 10 Armour: 9
Config: N/A Config: N/A
Trilobite is *fast* and has a stacked drivetrain, but can she stand the heat of Ironworks?

I can't beat her in an outright driving match and her forks give Trilobite a slight wedging advantage, so I need to use the arena to help offset that disadvantage. Start out and get over towards the grate of the center furnace and 'matador' Trilobite into ramming the furnace grate enough times that it'll break. Then, I'll move away from there to prevent falling in, myself, while either making her try to ram me (and miss) and fall in, or I can get an angle in on her forks and flip her in. Do this for both grates if need be.

If that fails to work, I'll also utilize the pistons and try to get Trilobite stuck on those, which should be easy given her super-low profile, then capitalize on that with some flips. Trilobite doesn't appear to be invertable or possess a self-righter, so if it gets overturned, I'll just let it get counted out. She also can't do much in the way of damage to me, but watch for ramming attacks that can put me into the hazards, especially an open furnace! However, with such a low-profile design, if Trilobite were to ram at full-speed and wedge under me, I'll most likely just 'monster truck' right over its top.

If somehow I get flipped, self-right immediately. I'll go with the first strategy to help conserve gas for if that fails, then it will be more using the flipper around the piston hazards (or hey maybe I'll get lucky and the pistons can flip Trilobite over for me). Remain aggressive but smart about when to be aggressive here, watch out for any baiting attacks, myself, and may the best bot win!

GL, Cassie!

Rocket

Re: The Thieving Magpie vs Trilobite: CBC Round 3 LW

Post by Rocket » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:15 pm

The Thieving Magpie (Funny-looking Voltaic You Got There) (0-0)
Speed: 7 | Traction: 7 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 5 | Armour: 10 | 2WD | Static Flat Wedge

Trilobite! (Fastest Fossil Alive) (1-1)
Speed: 9 | Traction: 9 | Torque: 3 | Weapon: 0 | Armour: 9 | 2WD | Static Forked Wedge

Minor note: I think this is CBC4's first all-girl fight, so that's fun. =]

---

I've got a much better drivetrain across the board and Trilobite! is better at pushing than TTM, so I need to use the hazards, and I'm sure Danielle is going to want to do the same. However, I have to be really careful - I'm not invertible, and she almost certainly knows that, so I'mma have to drive this one extremely carefully. I've certainly got the drivetrain to go for flanks, but I need to stay away from the flipper and counter-angle against Danielle's inevitable angling in. If poss, I want to slam her around the arena, take her for a ride to the wall pistons, and let them bounce her around from underneath until they spew their hot, burning contents all over her. There's nothing sexual about this, you unrepentant perverts.

I want to get both gates open as soon as I can, and without Danielle shoving me into them. The longer they're open, the more chance I've got of shoving her down the pit, but I need to drive very carefully when I'm actually activating them in case I get shoved down there myself. I need to control the fight and stay on her constantly, never letting up the aggression, but always with a weather eye on her own driving to try and make sure I don't get flipped. Get under her, and stay under her.

Something I've learned about this iteration of Trilobite! is that it's vulnerable to monstertrucking, but the plus side of that is that my curved chassis means driving on it is trickier and leads to the monster-trucker going off at weird angles - which I can then theoretically pounce on. The main focus is still going to be getting her down the pit, but if she tries to ride over my wedge, I can turn into it and kind of control where she ends up, at least a little, then accelerate away and reset. This is going to come down to driving, and I'm just as good a driver with a much more powerful drivetrain. It's doable. I hope.

Good luck Danielle, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)