Eagle's Hawk vs King Crimson

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Billy5545

Eagle's Hawk vs King Crimson

Post by Billy5545 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:36 am

Eagle's Hawk: 5/3/1/13/7
King Crimson: 7/6/4/3/9 or 7/6/4/1/11 (+2 wedge)

Now we are back to the arena where one of our bots, Darwinian Predator Gen II, lost to a flamethrower because of wrong config choice and misses playoff because of this. And now we are fighting against ironically, a controlbot with a vertical spinner.

Anyway, our opponent does suffer from square waving on their flipper, so it's less threatening than it seems. To add, the shape itself should also make both holding and flipping less effective, as it's a lifter scoop. And for the wedgelets, with that much space between them, our longer ones should be able to slip under the flat part straight on, even with their drive advantage against us.

We will first start by driving around and then aligning ourself straight to force a head on, especially considering that our control compared to theirs will make angling risky from potential oversteer. If they try to drive around us however, it must be noted that we can still keep up by turning. And if they try to angle on us, just turn to face them straight. Once we establish control, immediately hit them before they can escape from us. They suffer from 4 damage, but the flat parts will get 5, and even then 4 damage stacks negatively. The big wheels on the other hand is easy targets and will get one shot, so also aim for that. But if they escape from us, then continue pursuing them.

If we get outwedged by them however, immediately J-hook or back off before they can flip us, then continue our attack. Avoid the hazards obviously, because while we don't take much damage, the central one can pit us and the pistons can flip us over. If we see our opponent try to open the central one however, punish them by sneaking a free attack in, but also be a bit careful so they won't counter us by getting under us or letting us fall in the grill if it's already opened.

Drive well, and watch out for any tricks and moves from our opponents so we can deal with them accordingly. Also keep attacking even if we are inverted.

Good luck Hide

hide
Team: Team C/D

Re: Eagle's Hawk vs King Crimson

Post by hide » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:15 pm

Eagle's Hawk: 5/3/1/13/7
King Crimson: 7/6/4/3/9

Eagle's Hawk deals a lot of damage to me, yes, and you can argue about my flipper/wedge's effectiveness, but it doesn't change the fact that it can flip stuff and get under Eagle's Hawk. It also doesn't change the fact that I have a pretty damning drive advantage. Yes, I know I said that -2 speed isn't enough to meme on a bot in my RP against ToG, but that was when TOG had trash acceleration and SPINNERFOOD had -1 traction. Eagle's Hawk does not have those advantages, and thus I have a pretty overwhelming advantage here. In addition, he's a vert, so my drive advantage means that I can nullify his weapon by keeping my distance. I mean, I can't do anything with my weapon, but I can use the distance to position adequately. He, on the other hand, will be forced into fruitless pursuit.

If the last part of the stat analysis seemed oddly specific, it's because it figures into my strategy. Because of EH's previously mentioned drive disadvantage/lack of range, I can easily keep my distance in the arena, using my speed and hazards to keep EH at a safe distance. The point of this is to position adequately. As I mentioned, he has bad acceleration and poor traction, which means that he's going to leave himself vulnerable a lot, which I'll take advantage of. I tried this against Pressure Drop as SPINNERFOOD, and if he uses that to say my strategy won't work, well:
1. Pressure Drop had a extremely fast turret that nullified my speed disadvantage
2. Even at five speed, I wasn't fast enough to take advantage of Pressure Drop messing up a shot.
Neither of those apply in this match, which means I can actually angle in. If he turns before I can, back off and reposition. But if I angle in and get a good flip, he's done. From what I see, he has no way to self right and isn't invertable. One good flip is all I need, and it's what I intend to get. If it doesn't work (he gets self righted), reposition to the best of my ability and charge in at a vulnerable angle HARD, then flip.

Obviously, keep it away from the furnace/pistons. They're hazards that can potentially right EH. I don't want that.
Spoiler
Taskmaster: Reckoning: Evolution (0-4)
Taskmaster V2: REDDIT 2 (3-3)
Taskmaster V3: Thunder Underground (3-1), ARC Rumble (lost)
Taskmaster V4/King Crimson: Not the Football League (1-0), CBC 4 (2-4)
taskMASTER: Pat’s Reddit Tournament (3-2)
Spoiler
SPINNERFOOD: Thunder Underground (1-2), CBC 4 (4-4), CBC4 Rumble (lost)
Spoiler
D O N O T C R O S S: Thunder Underground (2-0)
Killer Queen: CBC 4 (2-4)
SPECTRALS: ROBOT4 (0-1)
CRAZY DIAMOND: ROBOT4 (2-1)
Ki: PAT'S TOURNAMENT (5-0) CHAMPION
DEAD BABY CANNON: RUMBLE IN DA JUNGLE (4-2)
MADE IN HEAVEN: ROBOT4 (1-1)
Record: 33-29
Notable Achievements:
  • Champion (Kira), Pat’s Antweight Tourney