Ori vs Wasp (CBC FW Week 3)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Ori vs Wasp (CBC FW Week 3)

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:25 pm

STATS:

Ori: 7/7/2/4/10 (+2 wedge)

Wasp: 9/7/3/2/9

CONFIGS: FORKS CONFIG PLEASE.

STRATEGY:
Spoiler
First off there’s a visible gap between his gray outrigger wedges and the ground but none for the lifter, and his signup doesn’t say anything about them being hinged. I might have a substantial wedge advantage if I can get my forks to one side of his lifter.

Wasp has an 11-9 speed advantage, but its turning control is significantly lower, and none of his wedgelets has any reach so he can’t fit a corner of his wedge between my forks. For the obvious “angle in lol” strategy to work he has to go from the outside, which means getting way around to my side, which means even if he pulls it off he’ll by pushing me basically sideways from ahead of my center of mass, making it really, really easy to pivot away.

Rush him (around the pit) at the start, and from there not only be aggressive but stay constantly in his face like I’m fighting a spinner, only backing off if he’s gotten under me or to my side, or if we get wedge-locked (do not try to push the higher-torque bot when wedge-locked). Avoid giving him chances to use his higher speed by taking advantage of this arena being relatively small and having a center hazard.

We can both flip each other but his lifter’s too short to do it rear-hinged and he needs a TON of bite to do it front-hinged; he’s got to get me basically on top of his fairly steep wedge. I just need to get the flipper under anything that isn’t lifter. We both have designs that can easily escape enemy wedges but that hurts him more than me here.

Get in the way of his self-righting as much as possible and try to strand him on the side pistons to buy flipper-retracting time while he has to climb off. Only open the pit if I’m either winning hard or losing hard. If it’s open be very careful with positioning and don’t attack with my back to it. Be aggressive with trying to get him in it and don’t be afraid to try to flip him in from mid-range since he can’t quickly retaliate if I miss.

Rinzler

Re: Ori vs Wasp (CBC FW Week 3)

Post by Rinzler » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:26 pm

Well I lose the wedge battle head on, so my plan is to reverse over him dukes of hazard style and then wedge from behind. Nobody has perfect reflexes, so this should work sometimes. If ever an opening arises to pit him, take it. Smash him into every hazard and wall I can. Hell maybe even clamp him if I can. Stay the fuck away from the pit if he opens it