Glacier III vs linkinparknumb.mp3.exe

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Glacier III vs linkinparknumb.mp3.exe

Post by V900 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:23 pm

"Armor: 10 (+3 front) Weapon: 11" config,

Yeah no you have literally the minimum speed, torque, and traction allowed. And you're a walker. You're not moving worth shit.

inb4 "but muh +2 speed"

You have 3, I have 7. You're not moving worth shit.

Strategy:
  • Back into the pit buttons right away. No, my flail won't slip under my wheels. It's too short to do that (there's a reason I included a render showing as such in the signups pic).
  • Using the power of GEOMETRY, ram into Glacier at just the right time to ricochet it into the pit. 1 traction means it's getting knocked back a looot of distance. At least something like 4-8 feet IIRC.
  • Minimize contact with Glacier aside from the money shot. I'm certainly not getting a KO with my 11 power hammer vs his 11 armor, so don't bother with that.
  • Do not activate the murdersaw. It gets in the way of me chucking him into the pit.
  • Ignore other hazards (unless I have reason to not ignore them).
If he decides to camp it out and go nowhere near the pit, do one of two things:
  • His plows are down: Slap his chassis with the flail and gain very cool aggression+control points. Keep my distance. Also do this if his plows are down by the pit, since I can't really push him with 1 torque.
  • His plows are up: Slap his plows with the flail. I have the reaction time not to get juked out if he tries to """accelerate""" or whatever with 1 speed.
glacier more like gaycier lmao got em

gl hf

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Re: Glacier III vs linkinparknumb.mp3.exe

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:49 pm

Glacier: 1/1/1/16/11 - no shields

linkinajahcbas.exe: 5/3/1/11/10 (+3 plow) - 11 weapon

Okay, if he's gone for this config it means he intends to play this as a control bot. That means probably hazards and definitely pit. Good news is that he has diddly fuck for torque. He pushes with 1 torque and I'm double weight. I can walk away faster than he pushes, plus his plow has no depth. I deal 4.5 shock damage per hit, so he's not going to be able to tank me indefinitely. He also doesn't really have the speed to smother me. Yes, his advantage is huge, but the actual gap doesn't matter. He's being sent an absolute distance (just like a 4 speed bot or an 8 speed bot) and isn't going to have the drive to cover it. I can spin back up and keep dishing out hits. As for my own knockback, I have double weight, so it won't be as bad as one might assume with my 1 traction.

Generally, pay attention to attack angles. I don't want to be ricocheting myself ~7 feet into the murdersaw track or log chute because I'd bet my last dollar he'll open those. Lurk roughly halfway up the relatively narrow part of the U shape where I start, which'll make it tough for him to get cleanly past me. 7 speed to 3, I know, but I can see him and his poor (-2) control coming from a mile away and see which way he's going, and I can strafe. Occupy that part, keep dishing out hits, recovering, and moving back up into position. He'll fly on every hit. If I can do a tiny last-second strafe and force him to steer a little bit, there's a good chance he oversteers and I catch those non-angled edges of his plow and get some meaty corner damage. Basically, use my weight, intelligent arena positioning, and the slow but very versatile drivetrain I have to exploit his poorly designed wedges, the arena, and his suspect control and stack up eventual KO damage.

Good luck!
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!