Tabor vs Swamp Thing

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Tcrrr
Team: Code Red Robotics

Tabor vs Swamp Thing

Post by Tcrrr » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:20 pm

Oh hey we're fighting again!
Tabor: 6/4/3/7/10
Swamp Thing: 7/6/2/6/9
Ok so I've got a clear drivetrain advantage, and she's using the meme plow. I'm using the normal config, with forks instead of a flat wedge. First things first, I'll start out the fight, camping behind the end of the turn. Once she's gotten to me, I'll initiate either an attack head on, or at a slight angle. If I go with the former, I'll try to go wedge to wedge. I'll wait for her to press her lifter down to get that extra bit of wedge effectiveness, and when she does that it'll fuck up her drivetrain temporarily, halfing it's torque and -2ing it's traction. I'll then try to get to her side by flanking, and if she lifts back up to get her full drivetrain, I'll turn so her wedge is at my 1 o clock, and angle past her wedgelets, getting in underneath and giving me an opportunity to flip. I'll take that opportunity as soon as possible, and then flip her around, continuous chaining flips to get closer and closer to an OOTA zone, where I can throw her over and out.
If at any point I get wedged head on, I'll reverse, spin around, and try to angle my wedgelets past hers. If I end up upside down, I'll drive to her front facing my back to her, flip myself, and hopefully land on top of or right behind her, where I can hopefully angle past it's skirts, get under, and chain flips to get her OOTA. I don't believe we'll be flanking each other, but if we do it's gonna be me, since she's got the worse control ratio, meaning she can make driving errors more often (or at least that's how I see it idk) which means I can capitalize on them more than if otherwise
Gl, have fun!

Rocket

Re: Tabor vs Swamp Thing

Post by Rocket » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:54 am

Using the Type 1A Meme-Sized Plough

---

So, the Woodshed's one of those arenas with a boatload of hazards so that non-damaging designs can get damage in. Great. Tabor's not a damaging design, so this absolutely works for me. There's also a lot of ways for me to get thrown around and/or out of the arena. Ideally that won't happen, but what I really want to do is make sure Tabor can control the fight and get under Swamp Thing. Here's the plan.

Tabor's not got as good a drivetrain as ST except in one respect: torque. I can push ST around faster and better than vice versa; that makes my wedging more dangerous given the huge number of hazards around the place. That means I need to make contact early and often, with the scoop pressing only at the last possible moment so that the charge doesn't get messed up. ST's forks are absolutely minuscule, so they're not slipping in between the gaps between my scoop's teeth, but I'm not taking any chances. I want him to try and take me wedge-to-wedge, because I can force angles and press down much easier than he can drive around me courtesy of my turret.

I'll start by heading towards the centre of the arena and claiming it for my own. I want to control the space as much as I can and keep ST on the back foot. Once he makes his initial attack, do what Tabor does best: use the turret and my acceleration to counterpunch and try and turn him over. If I get under him, charge and lift at the same time and bowl him over, forcing him to waste gas self-righting. If I can get him over to the low wall and chuck him out, great. If I can't, back off once he's away and retake the centre, making him come to me again. If he gets under me, I want to try and J-hook off of his wedge, away from the low wall. I have to make sure he can't get me OOTA. If he keeps getting underneath me in the circle, retreat back towards my starting area and try to use the Choppers on him instead. Putting some dents in him will make me look good with the judges.

Good luck, Code, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)