Hoarfrost vs Unnamed & Untamed (CBC4 MW rd. 2)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Hoarfrost vs Unnamed & Untamed (CBC4 MW rd. 2)

Post by Madman » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:06 pm

Hoarfrost: 8/7/3/3/9

U&U: 7/6/2/5/10 (+2 front wedges and side bits)

I've got a speed edge, better pushing and acceleration, a larger front on my flipper so I won't need to aim as precisely, and better chassis armour. This last one is crucial since his 8 chassis armour fails the damage threshold to suffer 5 damage from the Murdersaw, while my 9 armour chassis only takes 3, just like his 10 armour plow. He also has very low ground clearance and is very easy to high-end from anywhere except the exact front. If he's high-centered, keep him wedged to line up a good shot into the Murdersaw, OOTA, chute, or other hazard. There's very little space between his wheels and armour, so crumpled armour could gimp his movement.

Basically, activate the murdersaw when I have an opportunity to do so without exposing myself. Use my speed edge to create angles where my wedgelets win out against his. His flipper has very little depth so, if he wins wedge wars, j-hook away immediately. Also, vary my approach speed occasionally to keep him from seeing any pattern that lets him predict my moves. Obviously avoid engaging him with my back to the OOTA zone. Lurk just around the corners and on the far side of hazards so that he has to take a long path around or risk exposing his side to me while in the process of turning. I have more than enough speed to take advantage. Once I flip him, I have the speed to follow up. Chain him into the Murdersaw or other big hazards if it's not realistic. If the chute's open, chuck him in there. His low ground clearance will hurt him on the log rollers, so shove him on there as well. TL;DR: use my inherent stat and design advantages as well as the arena features to give me the edge.

GL
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

Hooray For Lexan

Re: Hoarfrost vs Unnamed & Untamed (CBC4 MW rd. 2)

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:01 pm

GHOST-RPING FOR BADNIK96.

FORKS ON.

Quick note: Hoarfrost’s wheels stick out the top, but the shape of his chassis means that with it resting on the front they just barely don’t touch the floor. We both have to self-right with our flippers.

With that out of the way: he’s just slightly faster, but his front forks look really short and I can likely get between them. They also have very sharp points that could REALLY dig into a wood floor.

Open by reversing (so my wedgelets won’t get caught on log rollers) into my Murdersaw trigger, if possible press the other trigger early. Leave the pit closed. After that go balls-to-the-wall aggressive with trying to get under Hoarfrost’s front. If he goes for my corner, dart forward and immediately spin to go for his side. Yes I’m slower with an equal control ratio, but I’m 4WD and can essentially turn in place, while he’s RWD with a long body, so he’ll be swinging that wedge from side to side as he turns and could leave himself wide open if he turns away a little. His sides are too steep for him to use “sweeping the wedge sideways” as an effective wedging tactic and he won’t easily knock me sideways either because I have wheels near the front and leverage is on my side. If he’s using the flipper as a clamp, don’t fear it: I outwedge the dustpan and can overpower it and knock myself loose. That said always give myself room to back off his wedge without running into the pit / murdersaw / hazards.

Flip early when I wedge him. I have a stronger flipper that can more easily OOTA with the saw track in the way, and if the saw catches him it’ll hurt, so go for OOTAs as much as possible. If he tries to stay out of the arena center toss him into/onto the house bots instead.

GL HF