CBC4 HW Week 2: Petaflare vs FusterCluck

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

CBC4 HW Week 2: Petaflare vs FusterCluck

Post by Trihunter » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:00 pm

PetaflareFusterCluck
ImageImage
Speed: 5Speed: 6
Traction: 4Traction: 4
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 11 (10 Crusher, 1 Srimech)Weapon: 10
Armour: 8 (+2 wedge)Armour: 9
Config: NHVConfig: Standard
Get out to the main arena area, and take the approach slow, focusing on angling properly. Ensure that we get under, or that the spinner can only hit our wedge and crusher, which have 14 and 10 armour respectively, stick them in a wall and crush. The lip will also be adequate for blocking the spinner whilst we crush. Ideally, we'll beach them partially on the crusher gap, but whatever works if we can get that pin in. Once it's time to release, ditch them onto the rollers or another hazard. Perhaps see if we can push them into the log chute button, confirm a second grab and dump them down. If they get under, get ready to self-right ASAP, especially if we're close to instakill hazards ourselves, and get back to the defensive plays where possible. It'll be a rough fight, but taking it in a calm and controlled manner should ensure a victory, either by KO or the pit.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Rinzler

Re: CBC4 HW Week 2: Petaflare vs FusterCluck

Post by Rinzler » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:47 pm

Well this should be good. Looking at this matchup i have the wedge advantage (hinged vs. non-hinged). So with some angling I should have no issue getting under. Also after looking at his model if i can get an angle on the cut out part of his wedge (either side of the green), those are flat sides. Meaning its all but instalose for wedging if I hit that. I still want to avoid going wedge-to-wedge as much as possible though for reasons of crusher. Also after looking at his model if i can get an angle on the cut out part of his wedge (either side of the green), those are flat sides. Meaning its all but instalose for wedging if I hit that. Going in flipper first for this one. Once the match starts, take my time to spin up and watch his movements. When I'm up to speed, make my way over and angle in on the gap in the wedge. If i get under, fire the flipper. If I don't, back up and try again. If he somehow gets under, try driving off. Ill pretty much immidiately be able to tell if that works, but if it doesnt, wait for him to bring the crusher down a little and fire the flipper into the crusher arm. Being a 4 bar, this will push me away if it's timed right. Once I get a good flip in, spin around to lead with the disc and go for as many chassis hits as possible. It's a simple strategy, but if I keep it up the whole match it's almost guaranteed to work. As always be mindful of the hazards and watch for any opportunity to use the FUCK saw.