Santangelo vs The No Fun Machine (CBC4 HW Rd. 2)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Santangelo vs The No Fun Machine (CBC4 HW Rd. 2)

Post by Madman » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:10 pm

Santangelo: 8/7/2/1/12 - flipper config

The No Fun Machine: 3/1/1/16-1/9 - flail config

1) I have a laughably huge drivetrain advantage. Following initial hits (which won't knock me back much if at all because flails) I should be able to smother him without much trouble. The shape of this area, with no large open spaces, in addition to the massive footprint of his flail configuration makes my job even easier.

2) There's no picture of his actual flail heads, so I contend that they don't even exist. That's not an incidental little thing either. It kinda really matters. Anyway, they're very likely to hit walls, hit house robots if he tries to spin up immediately while still in his square, or get caught in hazards like the Murdersaw track, Log Rollers, Choppers, etc. Even if they don't, the moment that I wedge him, he's high-ended and his flails are killing their momentum and unbalancing him when they hit the ground. Shove him along a bit and there's a great chance that they get tangled or end up under his body.

3) His self-righting pole isn't close to long enough to actually serve its intended purpose. It has to stick out past his body. Basically, I flip him and he's done. Even if he breaks the laws of physics and manages to self right, goodbye flails. They're gonna get tangled.

Come out full-tilt, pay attention to his spinning direction, and slam into him. Assuming he has flail heads, he does a manageable 3 damage to me, just like the standard 13 plow vs 16 spinner matchup, and my wheels are protected (and also have a bit of buffer space). weather the storm, close in quickly, get under him, and flip. Stay close to him as he tries to self-right. If it looks like he's gonna succeed, interfere a little bit. If there's an opportunity to press the Chute trigger while staying close to him (like he wobbles near there), then do it and just chuck him in. In general, pay attention to attack angle to make sure he's ricocheting into damaging hazards and/or the chute. If he can self-right, smother him and stuff him down the chute.

GL
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: Santangelo vs The No Fun Machine (CBC4 HW Rd. 2)

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:08 pm

Santangelo: 8/7/2/1/12 - flipper config

The No Fun Machine: 3/1/1/16/9 - flail config

2 big advantages here: I don't get instagibbed by hazards because billion armor shell, and I have my flails as bait.

he probably spent like a paragraph dissecting how bad my flail design is and how I need weights and how he'll angle into their rotation to destabilize them before moving into the main body. they ain't supposed to have weight because I dont *want* them to majorly destabilize my spinning. they're just there to counteract his 8 speed and make him wish he had more armor.

if he goes after my flails, get aggressive as soon as he starts to angle in to them. in very short-range my 3 speed is MIGHTY compared to say, glacier, and should let me make enough movement to either catch him off guard and get a hit on his sides (which are only lightly angled and likely still count as flat surface) or force him to retreat - netting me points, and letting me slowly herd him into position where the knockback hits him into hazards and me into safer knockback zones.

that's really the crux of this match btw - impacts and slow space taking on my part need to send him into hazards and me into open space whenever possible. I can do this by engaging backwards or forwards (such that my spinner is always spinning towards a hazard - which will knock him towards it and me away), by moving aggressive when he tries to slow my flails,

if he goes straight for my main body, that's 15 damage in flail (3 over his 12 armor!) coming awful close to his wheels. it's a roll of the dice every time for me to either directly snipe a wheel or at the very least deal some nice damage to his sides, and if my shell's at full power the hit should pop me up and over his body - and if it doesn't, he's a long, flat plane on top: even a slowass shell like me can monstertruck that with some help from my weapon.

if I'm starting to get cornered, yeet myself into him. he'll have to choose whether he wants to take the flail chance or run away like a little bitch and give me more of a chance to flip aggression or control against him in a JD.

GL