TSA2.1 VS National Security

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Superbomb122

Cherry Bomb Classic 4 LW Round 2: National Security vs TSA 2.1

Post by Superbomb122 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:36 pm

Alex(a), play Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor

National Security: 16/1/1/1/11
TSA: 7/6/2/5/10 (+2 wedge)

He has 7 speed oh god oh… wait I’m a melty I spin up twice as quickly as a normal spinner.

Ok he isn’t stopping me from spinning up. His wedge takes 4 damage flat and he takes 4 points of shock, as well. Should I get a corner hit on the bonused area, he’s crippled. Should I get a chassis hit, he’s dead.

When the match starts, spin up and move diagonally out of my square in an attempt to bait his rush. While I won’t dodge fully, I could get enough leverage to either bounce away before he can flip or get a good hit on the backside of his wedge. Eventually, I should get enough hits in to wear him down. When the opportunity comes, execute with unparallelled efficiency.

After the initial hit, try to keep myself away from walls and continue to general strategy of subtle movements to keep him from solidly getting under me. The teeth should make this a bit easier to achieve. If he gets me stopped, ride out whatever flips he dishes out and wait to reach the ground again.

Stay away from hazards to the best of my ability. Whether I have much of a choice on the matter with one speed is debatable, but I’ll try my best anyway. Hopefully he’s dead by the time the match ends.

TL;DR: Bait his first rush, position myself against any other attack, do chip damage until he’s suffering, kill him.

GLHF
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

TSA2.1 VS National Security

Post by GF93 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:38 pm

Bonus to front end, Wedge Tip ON.
Chosen Music: 4/7, James Pond 2: Codename Robocod

OK, first Meltybrain spinner I've fought in a while! National Security hits hard and fast, and it's got some very decent defence from the armour/teeth, so keeping it from spinning up as much as I can will be imperative. I do have the sufficient defences to tank it with both the weapon-armoured flipper front and 12-armoured corners though, and once I'm past the initial big hit(s), his very poor traction/torque will cause him to slide around like a tank on ice. He drifts slowly enough for me to intercept, the low ground clearance means lifting him up even slightly will cause him to lose most (if not all) purchase with the ground, and if I can prop him up against the wall and/or on his side, that gives me an effective means to kill him.

As such: being aggressive will be the order of the day. Move out quickly, watch to see which direction he starts spinning in, and move to intercept him where he's going rather than where he currently is. Keep the front facing him as I approach, ram into him in the opposite direction to which he's turning to minimise damage, and then immediately dive underneath, flip him when I'm definitely underneath, then get shoving. Watch for any sudden movements, and if he tries driving off, just copy his movement to stop him.

When on the attack, prioritise staying under and keeping him in the air with chained flips as much as possible. Throw him around, force him into both the Gargoyle and Pipe Organ hazards, squash him into the walls/corners to wear down the clock, and make sure to keep him herded near the walls/hazards and stay close at all times to block him. Whenever I can, try to prop him up on his side against the wall for a relatively simple immobilisation victory.

"Attack is the best form of defence" is the major factor that applies here: in particular, actively taking the fight to him and barging through his spins, then using all means necessary to keep him from spinning up or escaping as I wail on him. Of course, don't get reckless: keep the nose to the ground and the front facing him, don't fire the flipper unless I'm definitely underneath, avoid hazards unless using them myself, and keep my back/sides well-protected throughout.

Good luck!