Ori vs Chinesium (CBC4 FW Week 2)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Ori vs Chinesium (CBC4 FW Week 2)

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:27 pm

STATS:

Ori: 7/7/2/4/10 (+2 front wedge)
Chinesium: 4/2/1/16/7

I’M FIRST! And that means the pipe organ is MINE!

Chinesium’s got a powerful weapon, and I can’t afford to keep taking full-speed hits from it. Rush at the start, but since this arena’s huge and he’ll have time to spin up, when I’m halfway across slow down and maneuver to attack in a direction where the knockback sends him towards a wall along the short axis. After that pursue him aggressively and smother as much as possible. Be careful to aim for the bar if he’s near full speed so any juke maneuver will be less effective.

He has VERY low clearance and his wedges are part of his chassis. If I can stop the blade and get under him I can high-center him really easily, especially when he’s upright, which also stops his weapon because the floor’s in the way and a long bar shouldn’t have the torque to “climb” with when it’s stopped. I want to play this safe: use the flipper sparingly and ONLY if I have his blade stopped. However, make full use of the moving pin limit and slowly, carefully deliver him to a corner or gargoyle / pipe organ before time runs out. Don’t be reckless with the flipper since I can’t safely attack a spinning opponent until it retracts. Consistent pressure with a wedge > flashy aggression with a weapon when a bot’s dangerous if allowed to spin up. His design makes it easy for me to run the clock down if I ever get under him, so abuse that as much as possible.

Keep him upright if possible since he’s easier to high-center that way. Also note that most of the walls are sloped. This can (a) bounce him in the air if he ricochets into them, and (b) might get him stuck if I push or flip him onto them.

Superbomb122

Re: Ori vs Chinesium (CBC4 FW Week 2)

Post by Superbomb122 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:13 pm

Ok let’s do this.

First step is bringing ear plugs jusst in case HFL decides to play ‘Earrape in C Minor’.

So, Gothiq is a rather long and narrow arena. This means, naturally, that it will take longer for Ori to reach me here than in most other arenas. Is this enough to guarantee I spin up with absolute certainty? No. However, this does make the first few seconds of my plan viable.

Start sideways and gun it in reverse the moment the match starts while I spin up. The goal is to maximize the distance Ori needs to travel to reach me, and thus, give me enough time to spin up. When he reaches me, turn to face him and try to get through as much UHMW as possible on hit one. Use either the recoil or his impending flip to get away and continue spinning up in this manner. Even a mediocre hit can be enough to tear through UHMW.

When I’ve gotten through the UHMW, focus on getting distance from Ori to get spun up for that last good hit. If this involves backing into his flipper to combine his flipping power with the force of my blade, so be it. The important thing is to get away before about the 2 minute mark to get the big hit I need to seriously damage Ori. After 2 minutes, go into ‘take any decent opportunity to attack’ mode in hopes that at least a few hits connect with enough force to end the match.

As usual, stay away from hazards and walls. I don’t need HFL getting free damage or weapon stoppage.

TL;DR: Use the patented ‘run like a bitch move’ on the first encounter, wear out the UHMW, make it game over for Ori.

GL HFL, may the better driver win.
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9