Acrid vs Paradox

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Acrid vs Paradox

Post by V900 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:55 pm

standard saw config

i realized like 5 minutes after declaring config that his vert does literally 1 damage to me

On paper this arena's pretty dogshit for me. GF scratches me for the entire match and bobs my bot on the vines a bunch of times to win via JD, right? That's what I was thinking too, until you look at just how much ground clearance I have:

...compared to the vines, which only pop up 3 inches. I'm pretty sure that even if they come up under me, I can drive backwards over them to get off.

So, here's the plan: drive at him backwards and intentionally get hit. Try to monstertruck over with a combination of his vert, my big ground clearance, and all the wacky moving parts we've got between us. If I end up behind him, I'll be in a position to move forward and get my saw in his chassis. He's got an 8 armor chassis and some especially yummy-looking tracks for Acrid to get it's gangrene-infested teeth on. 14 seconds of contact and this match is done.

Stay as close to him as possible. DO NOT retreat for any reason and chase after him. The 1 damage he deals is negligent in terms of danger to my robot, even the double damage wheels take only comes out to 2. Plus, if he decides to pop up the vines under the both of us, I have more ground clearance and can get off more easily than he can.

If we're 2 min in and the monster truck thing isn't working, give up on that and just angle in. He's slower than me.

If he decides to do the thing where the lights turn off, just turn on the LED eyes I have on my robot. Does his robot have LED eyes? I rest my case. His bot is lame and LED-less.

gl hf

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: Acrid vs Paradox

Post by GF93 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:55 pm

Bar on Lifter, Fork Wedges.

Already, I'm beginning to regret this bot choice. But I'll give it a shot anyway! So Acrid's got the saw, wedge and big bouncy tyres, so I'll have to watch out for any monster-trucking and the like: but I do at least have my arms to help stave off overhead attacks along with the vert spinner. I'm also fast/agile enough to keep up, and I've also got the traction/arms to get across the vines more easily as needed.

So basically, I'll want to keep up the aggression, but at the same time be aware of anything he might try, actively take the fight to him, and stuff his plans cold accordingly. Move out quickly, spin up, and watch to see what he does as I approach. If he comes at me forwards or tries to angle in, keep the forks down and move out the way, then go for his wheels/corners with the driscs. If he turns his back to me or gets into a position to drop the saw on me, flip the forks up over my top to block him, then accordingly flip him forward into the driscs or counterattack the body/wheels. Get under, flip, and cut him up as much as possible, and in any case, keep moving and don't let him anywhere near the tracks: use the arms (and the bar between) to stop him!

Defence is mostly aggressive (constantly chase him down and go for the wheels/sides of the wedge in particular, and keep the arms up to stop his saw), but keep my sides well-protected, always watch for if he tries driving over or for my corners, and just generally be as slippery as possible to stop him pinning and sawing me. As for the vines? Score them, and save them for emergencies (like if he's closing in on my sides or wherever) or if I need to disrupt his attacks. He mentions that he's got LED lights on the front as well in signups, so I imagine he'll use them to see if the lights go out. If he does, use them to track where he's going to attack from, then get out the way and counter accordingly. If not, don't stay in one place!

Good luck!