CBC4 MW Round 1: Magnolia Grande vs Nick Cage

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

CBC4 MW Round 1: Magnolia Grande vs Nick Cage

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:17 pm

Magnolia Grande: 4/2/1/16/7

Nick Cage: 4/3/3/6/14

Something about irresistible forces and immovable objects goes here.

1) He's not fast enough to crowd or smother me and has no wedge to control me with. My bot's an awkward shape with a huge footprint, so he's probably not fitting it in that definitely-realistic-to-have-14-armour cage of his. And swerve drive? He's going to have a ton of fun with knockback and if I manage to jam one of his front wheels with enough repeated hits.

2) He's got exposed swerve drive and so many corners that it would make circa 2016 Drew blush. I'm getting corner damage on every hit and I should get a lot of hits.

3) He's got an exposed Nicolas Cage face. That's the weak point, like the one that every boss has. If I hit it, it's +2 damage. I basically want to tear off Nicolas Cage's chin.

Spin up, hit him. Buy myself time, spin up, hit him. Buy myself time, spin up, hit him. You get the idea: do it until I kill his wheels. It won't happen in one hit, but it'll happen eventually. Try to stay in open space. if I'm in danger of getting smothered, high-centered, or whatever else, use the roots after an impact separated us to keep him separated from myself and buy me spin-up time.

Try to control all 7 sets of roots at some point. I wanna get the Sun God achievement. I want to call in the Embrace of Darkness. That's a cool visual. The floodlights of Magnolia Grande search the darkened arena, revealing the leering face of a psychotic Nick Cage, barreling in towards it. The engine revs. Flames spit out to the exhaust. Nick takes one on the chin and spins off into the blackness like a Disney villain. Will he be back?

Basically. I want to make this a fun fight for the crowd and score a KO or a dominant decision. Just... don't let him drop the cage on me, not that I think I'll fit. He'll probably try to overheat my ICE. Pls no. It's ICE. It'll melt.

GL. P.S. I loved you in Ghost Rider.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC4 MW Round 1: Magnolia Grande vs Nick Cage

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:34 pm

Something Something 14 Armor
idk man, i didn't read his RP but to post this i had to scroll down on his post, which means it is quite long and probably he has a plan. Time for a serious RP in a Dream Team bot just to fuck with Alex :V
The plan is simple, drive over him, drop the cage and watch the thing burn and bounce all over the place.
His bot is a horizontal spinner, if he hits me from outside we will both get sent pretty far away, BUT the direction of this can be predicted by looking at which way he spins his... spinner.
Basically as i approach him he can turn to hit one of the two column things, i will use my swerve drive to approach with my side to increase the distance between these two. But that's not all, the direction he is spinning is relevant because hitting one of them will send him away from me, hitting the other will send him in the opposite direction, directly into the cage. I can know which one of the two columns he needs to hit to fly into the cage if i know the way he is spinning, then when he tries to turn in the direction of the other column i will move in the same direction so he doesn't hit it. He can use a wall to counter this but i can also turn if i am against a wall and approach very far from the wall in that direction.
Anyways once trapped he will bounce a lot, getting all the roots in no time and he has a plan to use them to escape. I can counter this by staying parallel to the edges of the closes roots, or perpendicular to it. Just try different things until i find something that he can't cheese, i have time.
A thing that could work is having my front on top of a set of roots and my rear on another set, but not the adjacent one, instead there is a root in the middle. Basically to do something that affects me with the roots he probably traps himself anyways.
That's it i guess.
GL HF
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53