CBC HW Week 1: Fork Bomb vs KILL 'EM ALL

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

CBC HW Week 1: Fork Bomb vs KILL 'EM ALL

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:26 pm

Fork BombKILL 'EM ALL
ImageImage
Speed: 5 Speed: 5
Traction: 4 Traction: 4
Torque: 1 Torque: 1
Weapon: 13 Weapon: 12
Armour: 7 Armour: 8
Config: Forks Config: Forks
Welp, new bot, new arena, here goes...

Fork Bomb has a powerful hammersaw, but my weapon is more damaging (+1pt weapon bonus) to his 7 armor, plus I have more reach. My biggest concern is to watch out for him angling in on me, but I have ways to counter that:

Start out of my circle and approach Fork Bomb head-on and immediately take a shot with the axe, then back away. Repeat this if I'm getting hits. If FB tries to angle in on my sides, turn in his direction to counter, then fire the axe. Also, he may try to approach with the saw leading to act as a VS. If he does this, approach the same way as if he was leading forks-first and try to get some shots with the axe while keeping my distance so that his weapon can't reach me. In terms of damage, I can deal 6 damage to his chassis and he can deal 5 to mine. He also may have a smaller 'footprint' to hit, but his chassis is very compact and I should definitely hit something critical in 1-2 blows. I should be able to take him out first and do so by the halfway point in this match.

Now the arena - with each hit I get on fork Bomb, I gain control of a set of roots and I will activate a set (or multiple sets), as a defensive measure to keep FB at bay while I can still deliver blows with the hammer. Try to get him high-centered on them, if possible - that should be good for 1-2 free blows with the axe. Or, if I'm reeling from his weapon, use the roots to just gain some distance and a quick 'breather' to regroup. Only use Embrace the darkness as a last resort (for instance, if I'm in a corner and I know that FB would not be able to get behind me, then I can use this and just go nuts with my axe, again, this is last-resort strategy).

Other than that, don't get myself high-centered on any roots that FB triggers (try to stay away from his side of the arena if he's gotten hits on me to prevent this). If he uses Embrace the Darkness, use the same strat as if I was using it, myself. And, lastly, don't drive dumb.

GL, Hii!

Hiicantpk

Re: CBC HW Week 1: Fork Bomb vs KILL 'EM ALL

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:08 pm

Plow off

Monsterworks what kind of acid trip were you on when you designed this arena. Its not as bad as something like woodshed but jesus christ.

So the main thing I notice about KEA is their bot's body is somewhat long and their axe arm is even longer. If I get up close and personal forks to forks theres a chance their axe will go right over my bot. Otherwise we're even in drive stats aside from me being 2wd to their 2wd.

Start out by heading right out of my square, around the arena right to em. Try to angle or juke around and potentially bait out a hammer swing, but if that isn't working charge right in and try to fork under their wedgelets. As long as I'm close enough I should be safe from their hammer. If KEA's wedgelets go around/between my wedgelets and lift my front a bit, I still have a bit of ground clearance at the back so my wheels will be on the ground. Just start going to town on them with the hammer saw. I should get a few roots in my control for my efforts. Try my best to get at least 4 hits in before backing off.

If I have the 4 roots by the time the pin timer expires, plunge the arena into darkness as I back off, turn around and wait. I don't know how dark the arena gets but KEA is a lot brighter coloured than my bot and should be slightly easier to see.

If for whatever reason I can't get at KEA or they get a hammer hit off before I get close enough, try playing more carefully. Turn around, and start trying to use my rear wedgelet on my weapon to hit their forks/front corners. Be sure to come in on an angle though, I do not want to risk them hammering my weapon motor or belt.

Mostly just try to keep aggressive, and back off/use the lights to get safe before going back in for another hit.

GL
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57