Swamp Thing vs Killer Queen, CBC4

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

hide
Team: Team C/D

Swamp Thing vs Killer Queen, CBC4

Post by hide » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:30 am

Killer Queen, FORKS ON: 6/5/1/7/11, +2 flipper
Swamp Thing, FORKS ON: 7/6/2/6/9

I'm not going to spend too much time on stat-analysis, because it's pretty damn close. Yes, he's faster, but do keep in mind I have mecanums, and because it's a bit easier to control a 6 speed -1 traction bot than a 7 speed one. Not by much, but it is something. Besides that, he has better torque, and I have a better weapon/armor. Even if you write it as being inefficient, it still has 7 power, and as Alex once stated in a RP against Nuclear Plague: "this is ARC and, at least to a reasonable extent, stats are stats". Point is, I launch him a slight-bit better than he does to me.

So, I have two strategies that I'll use in conjunction and mix up a bit. The first one is a head-on attack. Why? Well, it comes down to design: even if he's faster and has better torque, his wedge design has one weakness: his forks are a bit too far apart: meanwhile, my center forks are close enough together to where I can go for the flat part of his wedge. Even if he's 2WD, it doesn't matter when hinged wedges = 2WD in the new ruleset.

So, with a head-on charge, I'm going to exploit my powerful flipper, and keep ST off his toes. After getting under, if I do, I'll launch him, and quickly reposition to catch him when he lands (or if he falls before I can get to him), and launch him before he can recover once again. The goal is to keep Swamp Thing from effectively combating me. I'll also use the roots to my advantage, timing it to use them to disorient Swamp Thing as he's recovering from a flip.

Now, every so often (or if my first strategy doesn't work), I'll change tactics. Using mecanums, I'll swerve in at a angle and try to get under his more vulnerable parts, overall using the same strategy of "get under, flip, reposition before he can recover, repeat". Basically, I plan to mix the two strategies up and swap between them if one doesn't work.

In addition, if possible, I'll exploit the "Embrace of Darkness" feature, triggering it when possible and moving to a better position in the arena and keeping Swamp Thing off his toes for a bit.

Anyways, GL Code
Spoiler
Taskmaster: Reckoning: Evolution (0-4)
Taskmaster V2: REDDIT 2 (3-3)
Taskmaster V3: Thunder Underground (3-1), ARC Rumble (lost)
Taskmaster V4/King Crimson: Not the Football League (1-0), CBC 4 (2-4)
taskMASTER: Pat’s Reddit Tournament (3-2)
Spoiler
SPINNERFOOD: Thunder Underground (1-2), CBC 4 (4-4), CBC4 Rumble (lost)
Spoiler
D O N O T C R O S S: Thunder Underground (2-0)
Killer Queen: CBC 4 (2-4)
SPECTRALS: ROBOT4 (0-1)
CRAZY DIAMOND: ROBOT4 (2-1)
Ki: PAT'S TOURNAMENT (5-0) CHAMPION
DEAD BABY CANNON: RUMBLE IN DA JUNGLE (4-2)
MADE IN HEAVEN: ROBOT4 (1-1)
Record: 33-29
Notable Achievements:
  • Champion (Kira), Pat’s Antweight Tourney

Tcrrr
Team: Code Red Robotics

Re: Swamp Thing vs Killer Queen, CBC4

Post by Tcrrr » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:28 pm

Virgin Killer Queen: 6/5/1/7/11 (+2 wedge)
CHAD Swamp Thing: 7/6/2/6/9
Ok so basically he's got less drive than I do, though he's got omnis.
What I'm expecting he will do is that he's gonna try to flank me with his omnis, however he has less speed, so I'll be playing aggressive.
Once the match begins, I'll begin by camping around the curve of the arena, hiding behind where it ends. He'll try to outmaneuver me with his omnis, and so If he tries to do so, I'll engage head on, and as his forks barely protrude his wedge, it's good enough as a flat wedge. You see he didn't even specify that it was hinged, which means it's static. There's only a 20% chance he'll get under. If I get under, flip as soon as I can, I can flip 6 feet into the air, enough for me to take control of a root. Once I've flipped him up and over, keep chaining flips and keep on scoring more points in my favor. If he ever does get under me, I'll use my superior drive and torque to get away, then spin my back around and go for another try at getting under. Remember he's got a 4wd flat static Wedge, I've got a 2wd hinged forked wedge, and a static one under that. So if he gets under my forks, he would need to get under my static wedge, and so 20% of the time that he gets under the first one, he'll get under the second one. Meaning that for him to completely get under me he'll have a 4% chance to do so. So unless the stars align it's not happening chief. Either way, flip him for every chance I get for a good flip in the match, don't waste gas on shitty flips, and if I get flipped over, run into him or flip myself over, I can do the former as I can drive inverted.