CBC4 HW Week 1: Dreadnought Mk. 4 vs. Tabor Mk. 4

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rocket

CBC4 HW Week 1: Dreadnought Mk. 4 vs. Tabor Mk. 4

Post by Rocket » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:02 am

Dreadnought Mk. 4 (Masculinity-Pandering Tactical Matte Black Front-Hinged Flipper):
Speed: 7 | Traction: 6 | Torque: 3 | Weapon: 3 | Armour: 11 | 2WD | Static Forked Wedge

Tabor Mk. 4 (We Think We've Made It Stop Falling Over Now):
Speed: 6 | Traction: 4 | Torque: 3 | Weapon: 7 (5 turret / 5 lifter) | Armour: 10 (+2 lifter) | 4WD | Forked Pressing Wedge | Type 2B Forked Anti-Rambot Scoop Wedge (link to whole album)

---

It's the battle of the Mark 4s! Who's going to come out on top? YOU decide! =]

---

The problem with a fronty is that you have to get very far up the wedge before you get turned over, which means that Tabor has plenty of time to get itself off before the flipper's in position to fire off an effective attack - and with the arena set up the way it is, that can give us a big advantage in terms of battlefield control. I don't know which wedge plate GF will be using, but it's still got such a wide front that Tabor can angle in really effectively on it, especially when pressing and counter-punching like it was designed to do. So let's get on the offensive.

Start as we mean to go on, by coming in at an angle and using our drive and turret to mask exactly what angle we're going to approach from. I can track GF with the turret and come in at any angle of my choosing, pressing at the last moment to ensure I get underneath if he manages to force a collision that I don't want. Once I'm underneath, immediately bowl him over with a charging lift. He can't drive upside down, and I want to keep him wasting gas. When he's self-righted, keep on him and keep turning him over, never letting up for a moment.

Not only does this keep him from building up a head of steam, but constantly turning him over gives me control of the arena hazards. These are a safety net for me. If I do have to back off for any reason - whether to reset or J-hook/self-flip off his wedge - I can get to the other side of my barrier of choice and raise it, cutting him off from me and buying me time to reset and put together another attack. If I do get wedged, I'll try and J-turn off or just tumble over him at a weird angle with my turret wedge, forcing a reset by just being in a weird place or at a weird angle.

Good luck, GF, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: CBC4 HW Week 1: Dreadnought Mk. 4 vs. Tabor Mk. 4

Post by GF93 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:57 pm

Sawtooth Wedge, as seen here. If disallowed, use plain wedge.

Fought Tabor a few times now, but the basics still apply: tricky turret lifter with plenty of options (in this case, Scoop Wedge with Forks) and good all-round defence. However, it does still have flaws: the drivetrain is less than mine all-round besides torque, the low clearance and forks on the body will work against it when I'm underneath (especially with the 4WD and those gaps in the forks I can slip into), , and the self-righting is relatively slow and predictable. What's more: he relies a lot on pressing his wedge from past experience, so if he uses it too much here with the nerfs, he'll leave himself wide open.

It all comes down to who gets the most flips in and takes control, so being aggressive and strategic is the priority. Move out quickly, watch where he's coming from, and either go for the body/sides of the scoop if they're open (the flat sides on his weapon will really harm him, here) or feint the above to get to the front. Then, the second I end up on the scoop, immediately REVERSE: when he misfires, attack. If I do get underneath, force my way right under before he can escape (copying his movement and/or going in the direction he tries to flip himself with the scoop) and flip him. For a different feint, clip just across the corner to bait him into misfiring, then turn back around and counterattack. Mix up all three approaches as needed!

Once I've got the first crucial flip in, keep going! Stay underneath, keep flipping him around as long as I possibly can, ram/squash him into walls to wear down the clock, and actively stop him from self-righting. Keep him away from the roots to cut off any escape routes if he gets any, chase him down if he runs, keep the front facing him, and if I can attain the EOD, save it for if he does flip me or otherwise get underneath. Escape, then counter from ideally the side and/or away from the scoop. If he does get under/flip me though, don't panic: reverse/J-hook off the scoop and counterattack when possible, conserve gas for self-righting, do so immediately if flipped, then escape before continuing.

Good luck!