SPINNERFOOD: Bites the Dust vs Pressure Flop II, CBC4

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

hide
Team: Team C/D

SPINNERFOOD: Bites the Dust vs Pressure Flop II, CBC4

Post by hide » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:55 pm

SPINNERFOOD: 5/5 (-1 UHMW penalty)/1/14/5

Pressure Flop II: 3/1/1/19 (14 hammer/5 turret)/7

Before this gets written off as a curb-stomp, let's note a couple things:
1. He's a 3 speed walker with -2 traction. I outspeed him and have handily better control.
2. Yes he one-shots me, but I also one-shot him on the chassis and effectively disable his turret in one hit, meaning it's not a
matter of tanking, it's a matter of getting the first shot off.

Building off the second point, he effectively has no protection if I get off a shot. No plow, no ablative armor, nothing. This really is a one-shot battle, and because of my speed and traction advantage, I stand the better chance of getting that crucial shot first. Now yes, his turret is fairly fast, but it can only compensate so much for the mobility disadvantage, and if he misses and I charge in before he can recover, he can't really do anything about it. Which, of course, leads into my main strategy....

As the match starts, I want to let Pressure Drop take the initiative and try to be more aggressive. Meanwhile, I'll be hanging about, staying far enough that I'm OUT of his range, but close enough so he can make a mistake and think I'm in range. I'll hang around him, staying that distance away until he finally tries to take a shot. When he does, I'll charge in.

Will this work? Yes, it will. He's a MW with a 14 power hammer (really 15 because of the +1 damage bonus). While the walker's weight bonus will compensate somewhat, it should provide me with enough time to charge in. Even with his turret, Pressure Drop will struggle to recover before it's too late. And the thing is, Pressure Drop can't afford to be late in this matchup.

Anyways, GL YMLSQTH
Spoiler
Taskmaster: Reckoning: Evolution (0-4)
Taskmaster V2: REDDIT 2 (3-3)
Taskmaster V3: Thunder Underground (3-1), ARC Rumble (lost)
Taskmaster V4/King Crimson: Not the Football League (1-0), CBC 4 (2-4)
taskMASTER: Pat’s Reddit Tournament (3-2)
Spoiler
SPINNERFOOD: Thunder Underground (1-2), CBC 4 (4-4), CBC4 Rumble (lost)
Spoiler
D O N O T C R O S S: Thunder Underground (2-0)
Killer Queen: CBC 4 (2-4)
SPECTRALS: ROBOT4 (0-1)
CRAZY DIAMOND: ROBOT4 (2-1)
Ki: PAT'S TOURNAMENT (5-0) CHAMPION
DEAD BABY CANNON: RUMBLE IN DA JUNGLE (4-2)
MADE IN HEAVEN: ROBOT4 (1-1)
Record: 33-29
Notable Achievements:
  • Champion (Kira), Pat’s Antweight Tourney

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: SPINNERFOOD: Bites the Dust vs Pressure Flop II, CBC4

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:32 am

The Turret config please, don't ask why i named my configs like that.

First thing off, he has 5 armor to my 14 power hammer. I deal 6 damage on his heaviest armored part and not sure how much shock damage but pretty sure it reaches the 5 shock damage cap if that's still a thing, basically if i hit his weapon he ded. Everywhere else i deal 10 damage and pretty much one shot him, landing a hit somewhere that isn't his weapon is actually easier unless he has a plan to force weapon to weapon hits.
On the other hand he has 14 weapon, my hammer can several hits from it without a problem but my chasis and turret not so much, so avoid getting hit.

The plan is to just hit him somewhere, i just need a solid hit to win. Don't fall for any bait, he has to get VERY close to be able to do something to me and he isn't exactly fast so not reaction in fear of bait won't fuck me over. Also move away a little from the walls to avoid any problems / high IQ strats.

His plan likely consist of at least one of two options, rushing straight in and flanking.
If he goes straight in i only have to make sure i absolutely don't miss the first shot. Again his drive won't make bait easy, my turret is fast yet precise so i should be able to aim and perhaps his spinner is a easier thing to hit, at least at a straight on angle.
If he tries to flank, he isn't faster than my turret and i can even turn both my entire bot and turret for extra speed. Also notice that he will need to first get around the turret, THEN turn to face me, THEN get close enough for his relatively low reach spinner to hit me. I absolutely have the time to land a hit somewhere and he is very exposed during this entire thing.

The hazards won't come into play as they require hits to active and this fight will be over in the first one anyways. If somehow the fight last more than one hit then repeat the strategy.

TL;DR: Don't get cheesed, hit once, watch the fireworks.
GL HF SIRENS
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53