CBC4 MW Week 1: Carapace vs Tower Of Gray

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

CBC4 MW Week 1: Carapace vs Tower Of Gray

Post by Trihunter » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:57 pm

Tower Of GrayCarapace
ImageImage
Speed: 7Speed: 5
Traction: 6Traction: 3
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 9 (5/5/5)Weapon: 13
Armour: 7Armour: 8
Config: DefaultConfig: Default
First match and no OotA zones? Aw. Guess we'll have to make do with a wallstack. Chassis looks pretty well set up to do it too.

A neat thing is we can claim zones really easily, Just gotta scoop em up, hold em for a few seconds, then launch them even higher to claim two slots. Get moving quickly, get around the arena, then work on angling in to grab 'em. Lift them up, pin them, then throw-slam them into a wall, then repeat from there. Take it easy, working on confirming grabs, though be ready to use punches to throw off Carapace's attacks. Once we unlock it, be ready to throw off the lights when beginning an approach, making it harder for the precision weapon of Carapace to get in good strikes, while our design funnels their bot into the grabber. When throwing, see if we can slam them into a wall, get them stacked up on it or something. Aim to negate as many strikes on us as possible, and win on control and aggression.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: CBC4 MW Week 1: Carapace vs Tower Of Gray

Post by attackfrog » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:47 pm

ToG has 7 armor, Carapace has a 13 power hammer. Time for smash. ToG is of course a bit faster and better controlled, but enough so to avoid getting hit even once for the entire match? I think not.

Carapace will also be an awkward shape to grab unless ToG comes allll around to the side, so I'll do my best to prevent that. (Since I'll be trying to point my hammer at ToG the entire match anyway that's a little irrelevant to say I guess.) If I do get grabbed, firing the hammer may free me.

TL;DR: hit it with the hammer.

GLHF