CBC 4 MW Wk1: The Act of Being Polite vs V-Trigger

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

CBC 4 MW Wk1: The Act of Being Polite vs V-Trigger

Post by British-Robotics » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:23 pm

TAOBP: Speed 4 Traction: 2 Torque: 1 Weapon 16 Armour: 7

V-Trigger: Speed: 5 Traction: 3 Torque: 1 Weapon 14 Armour: 7

V-Trigger has the slight speed and traction advantage but I feel confident that it’ll be good enough to line up an attack. Hope for a good hit, gain some chain hits if possible, to try and invert him

If I do manage to invert Polite then I have a huge advantage to control the match, carry on being aggressive and line up for another attack hopefully his side, nope, not flanking 😛, actually steering and angling to Polite to hit the side to jam up one of the wheels.

If I do jam up his wheels, back away for safety and let the countdown do the job

Good luck and may the best bot win

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: CBC 4 MW Wk1: The Act of Being Polite vs V-Trigger

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:58 pm

Neither of us are too dissimilar statewide, I just have the heftier weapon. First things first is to spin-up as soon as the match starts, my usual tactic of course. He definitely doesn’t have the speed to box rush me, I’ll be spun up to my max speed by the time he reaches me so any blind box-rushing won’t help him. Approach him once spun up, facing him blade first at all times, this match should be over in one or two hits if it goes well for me, maybe three if he’s lucky. Just straight up go for him aggressively as soon as I’m spun up, I should be able to just tear right through him like a hot knife through butter, his compact design means I’m sure to hit something, I’ll also be hitting the side of that vulnerable, chunky disc before it comes anywhere near to getting a hit on me, meaning I should be able to just disable it or rip it off in a single hit. After the first hit, keep spun up, turning immediately to face him if I’m not already, when he’s fucked up likevthis, he shouldn’t be able to get behind me in a million years. Another hearty whack with the blade should do, if not, he’ll be totally crippled on at least one side, hopefully the weapon too, meaning I can freely spin up again and go in for the killing blow, one last whack to put him away if the previous ones didn’t already. Always keep my blade spun up and always keep facing him weapon first.
Gl!