Cherry Bomb Classic 4 HW Round 1: Icebreaker vs Long Arm of the Law

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Superbomb122

Cherry Bomb Classic 4 HW Round 1: Icebreaker vs Long Arm of the Law

Post by Superbomb122 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:41 pm

Icebreaker: 7/5/1/6/11
LAOTL: 7/5/3/3/12

Wait, so… the Incas built an arena for robot combat… in Brazil? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Normal Config

LAOTL has a couple of disadvantages compared to me. It’s wedgelets are a bit on the wide side compared to my leading edges. It’s less able to control roots in this arena (I can flip instantly, he needs to have a good grip to flip me.) My bot turns better by virtue of wheels vs tracks. His sides have all the ground clearance in the world if I reach them

Out the gate, I stay roughly in my area near the first set of roots. Size up his approach and try to angle underneath his wedgelets/lifter. If I get under the lifter or chassis, flip immediately to gain control of a root. Use the root the next time he gets on top of it, position myself to be under him when he comes down, flip, rinse, repeat. If he gets to ground, keep on him with a variety of approaches, attacking individual wedgelets or the lifter as much as possible. Take any and all free looks at his side and punish with a flip.

If he gets under me, spin off of him before he can get a good lift in. In last-ditch scenarios, fire the flipper to get me off of him and hope the arena doesn’t decide it’s a flip for him. If he gets control of a root, do my absolute best to stay away from it. If I get into a pushing match, spin away and go at him again. I’m not beating his 3 torque with my 1 in straight power. Give him as few good looks as possible, and don’t fall for obvious bait.

TL;DR: Angle in, cheese the absolute f*** out of the roots, don’t let him touch the ground.

GLHF Nighthawk. May the Gods smile upon us on this day of glorious combat!
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9

Nighthawk87

Re: Cherry Bomb Classic 4 HW Round 1: Icebreaker vs Long Arm of the Law

Post by Nighthawk87 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:06 pm

Hmm...seems like it'll be down to driving capability, we're pretty dead-even in most regards.

Strategy: In a pushing/shoving match, we hold the advantage with our tracks. Whenever we get locked together in the wedging battle, push him back. Should we manage to get underneath we'll do our best to make sure he stays overturned, the longer he spends self-righting instead of actually fighting the better. In order to do this we'll be making sure our front is pointed to him at all times. He might have those prong things, but our wedgelets should have the better chance at the right angle. Our driving will be all about finding that angle to get underneath.

With the arena hazard, we'll definitely be embracing the darkness whenever possible. It will absolutely screw with my opponent's driving plan if we're able to move around to escape from him, not to mention if we're able to get a good drive on him while he's unaware. Should it look like he's having trouble self-righting, we'll leave him be but remain close just in case a la Warrior v Chomp.

Word Count: 169

May the best bot win Superbomb!
Nighthawk Robotics

REDDIT
Tick Tock 2-4

Cherry Bomb Classic 3
Jawsome 1-5
Long Arm of the Law 4-3

REDDIT 2
Sherman 3-2

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
Long Arm of the Law 2-3