cbc4 linkinparknumb.mp3.exe vs Pink Wedge 2020

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

patrickrowberry

cbc4 linkinparknumb.mp3.exe vs Pink Wedge 2020

Post by patrickrowberry » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:59 pm

linkin:
standard config

pink:

8,8,2,2,10 (+ 2 to wedge)

have my grabber lay behind me and start revers with my grabber facing him

use my long grabber to make him not him

aim for his hammer go for the gap and get my grabber stuck to make his hammer less effective and less reach and

use it as a you can't touch me poll

push him to the roots bloody roots to deflate his wheels or restrict his movement

keep him at lengths reach with my grabber

gg

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: cbc4 linkinparknumb.mp3.exe vs Pink Wedge 2020

Post by V900 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:34 pm

standard config with the 14 weapon and such

Since this is my robot's first match, it's worth noting that while I receive the -1 damage debuff from the flail, the +1 hammer buff brings this back up to 14. The actual mallet part of my hammer does 15 damage, while the flail does 14.

...this, of course, means that his 8 armor chassis will receive 6 damage from my flail. He doesn't have any means of blocking the hammer, let alone the followup flail, meaning this match is pretty much over if I get so much as a single hit in.

So, strategy: position myself at an angle and try to bait him into wedging me. I kinda feel like he's gonna go for some rushdown strat, maybe with a flank involved, so just hang back and be ready for whatever he's got in mind. Black Sun is an arena with no damaging hazards, so that's not something I need to worry about either. See what happens:
  • Pat falls for it and slides under me at an angle: LET ER RIP BAYBEEEEEEE. Hit with the mallet or flail, either will kill his chassis in a hit or two. That hammer also has 8 armor, so it'll get bent AF if he tries blocking with it.
  • Pat doesn't fall for it and camps me out: Move in myself and anticipate a flank. Fire hammer if he's in range.
He doesn't have any means of procing the vines via damage or wheel removal, so this really just comes down to whether he can avoid my weapon for 3 minutes straight. With a fuckheug range like mine, I think that's pretty unlikely.

gl hf